The right bike or the right fit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I use Rutland all the time, there very helpfull..
ring them and ask if your measurements can be achieved and would they fit the stem and tweak it?
Id be suprised if they cant..

I'm not understanding why you couldn't buy the Giant Defy 0 and take it to Hooked On Cycling for a fitting like you did the last bike?

The given reason is because he would have to pay for the fit, whereas if he bought from the fitting shop they would do it for free.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
When I bought my first C2W bike, a few things kept going wrong and the shop fixed it. It is preferable to have that point of contact to get it sorted quicker and easier.

So ideally I'd want a shop, and a better selection of bikes. I could go to a different shop I suppose, but then there'd be the fitting to get and pay for.

I actually expected folk to say 'Cube bikes are great' and I'd be somewhat reassured and go for that :blush:

vickster

Legendary Member
Personally, I'd go Scott over Cube but you said neither excite you so...? Could you get a test ride of a bike or two through the preferred LBS? Maybe you'll find the one without thinking you will?

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Think that's what I'll do. Go through and check out their stock. £1000 should get 105 but ideally I'd like hydraulic disc brakes as well. Might pop over soon while waiting on th voucher.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just take the measurements from the bike itself - just as easy.

Saddle height from centre of BB to top of saddle (+/- any difference in crank length)
Saddle setback from bottom bracket to saddle nose
Reach to Hoods from saddle tip
Top tube length ctr to ctr
Drop from saddle to hoods
Stem length
Top tube length

Assuming the frame geo is not massively different from one bike to another, that should get you in the ballpark.

Altered your reply a bit to take into account differences in top tube from brand to brand even on the same size bike and differences in bar reach etc.
I have two bikes that have different top tube lengths and one has a longer reach before the bar curves down so i need to take into account reach from saddle tip which has been set up as per your saddle height but ameneded saddle set back to set back from BB as frame geometry can also alter reach from saddle tip to head set bolt and if you use a measurement based on the later your saddle set back could be wrong ( assuming you even have the same saddle which can alter the measurement based on saddle length ) .
Im lucky that KOPS works for me so i set saddle set back by a plumb line giving me 4 cm set back from BB , but im a "bit " under average height.

Top Bottom