The shed thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
God I miss my sheds I have had at the last 2 houses used to have zip ties from the beams as impromptu workstands. Doing maintenance in the hall or on the patio is just not the same.

Trillian

my brothers shed has the door at the end of the longer side instead in the 'end of the shed' as i'd term it

its an absolute pain to get bikes in and out unlike the shed at my friends where i stayed in the summer with the door dead centre in the end (beach hut style) where we could get 5 bikes and a lawn mower in easily and sort through bikes to an extent.

best way of locking them up would be a huge metal bar fixed to the wall so that the easiest way of stealing the bikes is to cut a huge bit of shed which would remain attached to bikes. :angry:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
By the time you have 5 bikes in the shed - if they were all locked together there is no way they would be able to get them out the door:biggrin: but I wouldn't mind having something secure to lock them to. Problem is that our shed is getting on abit now....

domtyler

Über Member
walker said:
Mines about that size, and it stores 3 bikes and 2 mowers

Why have you got two mowers? One for the front lawn and one for the rear maybe? :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I keep my bikes in my passage (of course) :rolleyes:
Which is covered. And secure. Nobody gets anywhere near my passage unless i invite them. :rolleyes:

I'd love to live in a shed! Honestly!
With my favourite smell, linseed oil (from my cricketing days) plus the smell of apples, pears, gooseberries, rhubarb, potatoes etc.
Have a nice comfy chair (preferably a rocking chair) a log burner, small fridge, kettle, outside lav. and a comfy bed! Wonderful! :angry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I thought this thread was about crap bikes... ah well... my bikes live in a detached garage all of their own..plus some sh!t my wife want's to keep... lost out to the garage for cars about a year ago - me needing immediate access to the commuter MTB....early morning -so moving two cars was stoopid from day one.... it's now my bike emporium......

Top Bottom