The Sherwen and Liggett Tour thread *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was that the first mention of Sir Lance?

Sherwen: "Cadel Evans is using a high cadence, a Lance Armstrong type cadence"

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Liggett, on Cancellara with about 20 yards to go: "He'll shave it by about a second here..." as he crosses the line having smashed Wiggin's time by 7 seconds.

monnet

Guru
Of Maxime Monfort, Liggett observes: "Because he's Belgian he can ride a time trial..."

I hadn't noticed any particular link between being Belgian and being able to ride a time trial.

I note the Hutch observed, in relation to Gilbert, that Belgians, these days, aren't particularly renowned for their TT skills.

Ah well, I give them a chance once a year and then go back to Eurosport. Best to get it over early.

yello

I note the Hutch observed, in relation to Gilbert, that Belgians, these days, aren't particularly renowned for their TT skills.

Ergo, Gilbert cannot be Belgian. Since everybody knows that Belgians aren't renowned for anything, be it having or not having TT skills.

Listen again next week when I'll show that Bradley's siddies actually represent a repressed desire to eat live fish whole.... goo goo g'joob

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It would be nice if they made an effort to at least pronounce certain riders' names correctly, apart from anything else. Bit poor on their cliche bingo scores today, but no doubt they'll raise their game on that front :rolleyes: Department of Stating the Bleedin' Obvious was working though, I had absolutely no idea that TT bikes were designed to be more aerodynamic......

Chuffy

Veteran
Liggett, on Cancellara with about 20 yards to go: "He'll shave it by about a second here..." as he crosses the line having smashed Wiggin's time by 7 seconds.
It was bleedin' obvious that Cancellara was going to hammer Wiggy's time. Even I could see that and I assume that the Dopey Duo are commentating on the same pictures. Clueless gibbons, the pair of em.

yello

ok, I'll grant you beer and chips are 2 things the Belgians have given us....

festival

Über Member
Although he is a man of few words, Sean Kelly makes more sense in one sentence than Liggett and Sherwen in a whole stage, I really think they have passed their sell by date.
And what is it with those halfords adverts? in fact all the adverts on ITV go on and on. I can't handle that for 3 weeks so its Eurosport for me.

I agree that the Ads are egregious shite, but I rather like the commentary.

They love what they do.

I'm used to watching paddock interviews in MotoGP conducted by people who know nothing about motorcycles and care less.

This is refreshing, idiosyncratic, occasionally predictably ham-fisted but generally in keeping with the spirit of the spectator's view of the TdF.

We can mock their errors and bloopers, but I still watch with the sound on and loe it that way. :smile:

festival

Über Member
I agree that the Ads are egregious shite, but I rather like the commentary.

They love what they do.

I'm used to watching paddock interviews in MotoGP conducted by people who know nothing about motorcycles and care less.

This is refreshing, idiosyncratic, occasionally predictably ham-fisted but generally in keeping with the spirit of the spectator's view of the TdF.

We can mock their errors and bloopers, but I still watch with the sound on and loe it that way. :smile:

While I enjoy the regular piece to camera from the other presenters, Phil, lance is my buddy, Liggett talks sanctimonious tripe.

yello

While I enjoy the regular piece to camera from the other presenters, Phil, lance is my buddy, Liggett talks sanctimonious tripe.

It wasn't until someone linked to a youtube clip that I fully appreciated that. I mean, I'd heard people saying it but I'd never witnessed it for myself.

Top Bottom