The Sherwen and Liggett Tour thread *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I thought Sherwen Liggett said yesterday something like "Cancellara is faster than the Trams de Grande Vitesse". Are there trams in Liege? :scratch:

Sherwen: The tour de france will not be won by seconds but by minutes............blah.......the closest finish was just 8 seconds.......

Come on Paul which is it, I'm confused now?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:thumbsup:

The voices of Harmon and Kirby are much easier to listen to, I think. Mr Kelly would appear to be having an extended lunch break just now.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
"The battle of er, um, errggh, ah, erm... forgotten whetre it is now - somewhere near Waterloo". South Bank, you assclown Sherwen??

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Sherwen and Ligget may be annoying at times, but they are infinitely better than Duffield ever was - I know some people like endless rambling tales of drunk afternoons in France, but for everyone else it was an utter nightmare...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I really hope Valverde doesn't win today, just to make them look stupid...

Paul_L

Über Member
Didn't watch the prologue on ITV but i have just watched the live coverage of stage 1. There were too many "in the sport of professional bike racing" quotes to pick a favourite from as well as the increasingly annoying "this chateaux was first constructed 3 days before god was a boy........"

festival

Über Member
IMO If the Eurosport commentators go off subject and talk about cheese, castles or what gear ratio to use in the sportive they are ridding next month they do it with humour and a little tounge in cheek. While Liggett/Sherwin drone on like a dinner party bore.
Listening to Eurosport I feel they talk to the enthusiast, but in a way the newcomer will learn something.
On ITV they often don't go deep enough into a topic, they skim over issues as if they were still working on a 20min highlights show.

Top Bottom