The short lead in to President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
1700 Zulu tomorrow President Trump is unleashed upon the World. Live coverage on BBC news from 1500hrs. Think I'll settle down with some Guinness and salty snacks and watch it all unfold.

Anyhoo, he's now landed at Andrews AFB en route to Washington. Nice to see him return the salutes from the middle ranking Air Force officers greeting him, and taking a moment to chat and banter with them. He's supposedly much more a fan of the military than Obama and there seemed to be genuine pleasure and warmth from him as he spent a moment with them.

Or is that simply the businessmans persona stroking those with which he needs to do business? Who knows.

Anyway, like it or not I suspect that it's going to be a pivotal moment in the history of our century and I intend to enjoy the coverage.

Edit - before anyone gets excited and the self appointed moderators helpers start bleating about how this should be in SC&P, I intend this thread more for a light chat about the coverage and the pomp and ceremony rather than a deep discussion about politics, of which there are already many threads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Serious looking dudes with unbuttoned suit jackets. Don't think i'd mess with them.

See how thick the windows are on those Chevy Suburbans? Some kind of multi layered polycarbonate and glass sandwich I think. Smoke grenade launcher in the rear bumper? Those boys clearly don't mess about.

TVC

From Faceache

Playing at Trump's inauguration: Beyoncé, Mary J. Blige, Jon Bon Jovi, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Renée Fleming, Caleb Green, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, Bettye Lavette, John Legend, John Mellencamp, Jennifer Nettles, Pete Seeger, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, U2, Usher, will.i.am and Stevie Wonder - with Jack Black, Steve Carell, Rosario Dawson, Jamie Foxx, Tom Hanks, Samuel L. Jackson, Ashley Judd, Martin Luther King III, Queen Latifah, Laura Linney, George Lopez, Kal Penn, Marisa Tomei, Denzel Washington, Forest Whitaker and Tiger Woods.

Oh no, that was Obama's.

Here's the line-up for Trump's:

IMG_20170119_175859.jpg

Going to be quite a show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
40 cases of baked beans, catapult and tin foil hat.

I'm ready for anything :wacko:
Hope you've got a good ventilation system.

From Faceache

Playing at Trump's inauguration: Beyoncé, Mary J. Blige, Jon Bon Jovi, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Renée Fleming, Caleb Green, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, Bettye Lavette, John Legend, John Mellencamp, Jennifer Nettles, Pete Seeger, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, U2, Usher, will.i.am and Stevie Wonder - with Jack Black, Steve Carell, Rosario Dawson, Jamie Foxx, Tom Hanks, Samuel L. Jackson, Ashley Judd, Martin Luther King III, Queen Latifah, Laura Linney, George Lopez, Kal Penn, Marisa Tomei, Denzel Washington, Forest Whitaker and Tiger Woods.

Oh no, that was Obama's.

Here's the line-up for Trump's:

View attachment 334017

Going to be quite a show.

Never mind one half of Sam&Dave,what about Chas & Dave ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom