The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thursday 20th

I rode in, in the rain

I intended to trawl the various offices, when they opened; General Office, Car-Parks/Permits Office, Security

I was talking to one of the Doctors, by the desk of the Sister-in-Charge, when something familiar caught my eye

Hurrah!!
Luckily, l had a photograph of them, with the ‘Mint Sauce’ key ring, so could prove they were mine

It seems that someone, at some point, had found them in the changing room
Whether he had handed them in then, or at end of his shift, l have no idea

I’ll try to find out

Oh!, & they work fine:okay:
(despite the buggering about with the spare key - which I'll still get 'coded' now!)

Last edited:
Wednesday 19th

Lost my damned Kodiaq, & house, keys today at work

I locked it, walked down, went get changed
As far as l’m aware, l put the keys in my usual pocket

Come 14:00, no sign of them!

I went through the locker, pulling all kinds of stuff out of it
No sign
Checked car-park to see if it was still there…yes!

Set off walking home
Rang wife, left phone in office
Rang daughter, still in York

4 mile (mainly xc, using same route that l ride home) walk home
Daughter arrived about 20 minutes after me
We set off back with spare key

Didn’t work, presumably a flat battery (2032)
Went to B&M in Wakefield for another

Back to work
No joy

Took ‘key cover’ off handle
Unlocked……..

Alarm went off; ”bugger!!”

I’m not certain how l turned it off, but managed to start it, via a procedure shown on dash

Got it back home, but the find’s not synched to the car (l can lock it though)
I’ll have a perusal of the manual to see what the re-synch process is

I’ve left requests/messages with the General Office, A&E Reception, & with the Sister who’s the department manager
She’s put a ‘lost keys’ item on department social medias/private groups

Have to wait & see…
I've just rung the local main-dealer, & it seems that the spare key will still have its 'code', as it allowed me to start the car
They reckon that the (new Duracell) battery is at fault, & to nip down on Saturday (quieter, so a tehnician can spare a few minutes for me) & they'll have a look

I've just rung the local main-dealer, & it seems that the spare key will still have its 'code', as it allowed me to start the car
They reckon that the (new Duracell) battery is at fault, & to nip down on Saturday (quieter, so a tehnician can spare a few minutes for me) & they'll have a look
I went down earlier this morning (DM Keith, at Wakefield)
The same receptionist was on duty, as Thursday, & she recalled my questions/call
She took the spare, into the workshop, for a screwdriver to prise the case open

She came back a few minutes later, it seemed that there was a sticker over one side that I'd not seen, as it was a dull/gloomy overcast day
Plus, the Duracells come sealed into a plastic pouch, in case a child eats it? (to help prevent stomach acids corroding the battery case)

Without the sticker, it works perfectly
She did tell me that, even the service guys do it at times, if they're in a rush
Live & learn:blush::blush::blush::blush:

Jameshow

Veteran
Still in production, & only commenced in 2017

I realise now thought it was a general Skoda thread. My sil has one nice cars!

What a mistake to discontinue the Yeti. I am on my second one but am looking to change it. If there was still a current model I have no doubt I would get another one. Instead I am awaiting the delivery of a new Karoq. A decent car, and just the size I like, but a bit bland, and indistinguishable from many other cars, compared to the Yeti.

Jameshow

Veteran
What a mistake to discontinue the Yeti. I am on my second one but am looking to change it. If there was still a current model I have no doubt I would get another one. Instead I am awaiting the delivery of a new Karoq. A decent car, and just the size I like, but a bit bland, and indistinguishable from many other cars, compared to the Yeti.

How is the yeti on the motorway?

I do 250mile parental visits regularly would a yeti be a bit noisy?

How is the yeti on the motorway?

I do 250mile parental visits regularly would a yeti be a bit noisy?

I've got the 1.2 tsi. Economy at mostly 70 mph well exceeds 50mpg on regular trips to London on M4 and North Circular from Cardiff.

Road noise is OK, no worse than any other medium size car I've driven, but it is certainly not RR quiet unless the road surface is almost new.

Top Bottom