The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
I’ve just ordered a Kodiaq so I’ll be joining you all once it’s delivered … though I have no idea when that will be!.
Our company has switched their fleet from Mercedes to Skoda and the Superbs I’ve seen are far nicer and better spec’d than the MB equivalent. I hope my Kodiaq will be likewise.

figbat

Slippery scientist
How is the yeti on the motorway?

I do 250mile parental visits regularly would a yeti be a bit noisy?

I had a 140bhp TDi 4x4 - it was not notably noisier on the motorway than any other car really. I had all-season tyres on it all year round which added a smidge more background noise but nothing intrusive, and their performance in damp, wet and cold weather definitely made up for it.

The Yeti was a great car - the only car we've ever paid the balloon payment for and kept at the end of a PCP. Eventually replaced by a XC60 due to a change in circumstances but fondly remembered. I agree with much of the commentary that the Skoda 'replacements' are no match for the originality and charm of the Yeti. Where the Yeti was a unique vehicle in the VAG portfolio, the Karoq, Kamiq, Kodiaq etc are just redressed VWs.

Nice!
I have an angle grinder and some 2" steel if you fancy one...!
Stretch it, & make it a 'crew-cab'
I had a 140bhp TDi 4x4 - it was not notably noisier on the motorway than any other car really. I had all-season tyres on it all year round which added a smidge more background noise but nothing intrusive, and their performance in damp, wet and cold weather definitely made up for it.

The Yeti was a great car - the only car we've ever paid the balloon payment for and kept at the end of a PCP. Eventually replaced by a XC60 due to a change in circumstances but fondly remembered. I agree with much of the commentary that the Skoda 'replacements' are no match for the originality and charm of the Yeti. Where the Yeti was a unique vehicle in the VAG portfolio, the Karoq, Kamiq, Kodiaq etc are just redressed VWs.
Many years ago, I wanted to get a Yeti, it was when we were looking to buy another car, sadly (to my utter disgust) we ended up with a Ford C-Maxxx(
That lasted about a year, before being replaced with the Octavia, in March 2012
SWMBO thought a Yeti would be too 'van-like' as a daily driver

Re; the C-Max
Maybe if we'd been sensible, & bought a Tdci model instead of the 1.8petrol, I might have appreciated it more???
It was dire;
2 x new windscreens (fitter told me they were renown for any chip, turning into a crack & spreading)
Constantly misting up (not a single visible, or smelt, trace of dampness), that required a/c to be on at all times to keep it clear
The only redeeming factor about it, was the LED tail-lights

I hated it that much, that it got to the point, where I'd leave it outside, on the street, with all 4 windows down, even the local scrotes never took it:whistle:

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Stretch it, & make it a 'crew-cab'

Many years ago, I wanted to get a Yeti, it was when we were looking to buy another car, sadly (to my utter disgust) we ended up with a Ford C-Maxxx(
That lasted about a year, before being replaced with the Octavia, in March 2012
SWMBO thought a Yeti would be too 'van-like' as a daily driver

Re; the C-Max
Maybe if we'd been sensible, & bought a Tdci model instead of the 1.8petrol, I might have appreciated it more???
It was dire;
2 x new windscreens (fitter told me they were renown for any chip, turning into a crack & spreading)
Constantly misting up (not a single visible, or smelt trace of dampness), that required a/c to be on at all times to keep it clear
The only redeeming factor about it, was the LED tail-lights

I hated it that much, that it got to the point, where I'd leave it outside, on the street, with all 4 windows down, even the local scrotes never took it:whistle:

Much like our focus then.

It was the newest car we had brought at the time.
The sills rusted, the silver paint was so thin in wore through.

The injectors leaked and sprayed oil over the the engine bay.

Yet I couldn't kill it however hard i thrashed it!

In the end I egged up the MOT bill so we got rid of it!! The guys who brought it knocked me down from the ebay price!

@Jameshow
It's odd. as she wouldn't countenance a Yeti, as being 'van like', but bought the C-Max
I was working, so couldn't go to test-drive it, she came up there, & told me she loved the colour
Hence we got it..............
This is the only picture I have of the thing

Tehidy Site. 2.JPG

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
@Jameshow
It's odd. as she wouldn't countenance a Yeti. but bough the C-Max
I was working, so couldn't go to test-drive it, she came up there, & told me she loved the colour
Hence we got it..............
This is the only picture I have of the thing

View attachment 666605

I don't even have a picture, sad to say it wasn't my worst car either that must go to he Renault 19ts or the fiat Punto!!

Pleased to announce that my 52-plate Fabia estate passed its MOT the other day with only two advisories. ^_^

One for mucky headlights (something's gotten inside them) and one for a missing exhaust part, probably the klunk I head the other night while negotiating a local fen road that has suffered badly with subsidence.

Back in the day, I was on the structural analysis team that helped develop the original Transit Connect. After seeing the corners that were cut and compromises made in the design, I would never own a Ford. Make of that what you will.

Jameshow

Veteran
Pleased to announce that my 52-plate Fabia estate passed its MOT the other day with only two advisories. ^_^

One for mucky headlights (something's gotten inside them) and one for a missing exhaust part, probably the klunk I head the other night while negotiating a local fen road that has suffered badly with subsidence.

Back in the day, I was on the structural analysis team that helped develop the original Transit Connect. After seeing the corners that were cut and compromises made in the design, I would never own a Ford. Make of that what you will.

Are you sure you weren't involved in the mk8 transit!🤣🤣🤣

Jameshow

Veteran

Our 02 polo is the best small car we have ever had.
I'll miss driving it when my son passes his test!

Our 02 polo is the best small car we have ever had.
I'll miss driving it when my son passes his test!

Yes, they're surprisingly good - same floorpan and mechanicals largely. Very much a "Ronseal car" i.e. does exactly what it says on the tin. Inconspicuous, a reasonable mile muncher, handles well, inside space like the Tardis and surprisingly nippy - often pissing off the drivers of more poncy cars.

Having said that, I really do miss my T-plate Felicia. That was the top of the range 1.6 GLXi, and a VERY nice car to drive. Sadly the tinworm got to it in the end, and it wasn't worth throwing any more money at it.

Top Bottom