The smell of death....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Crackle

I've cleaned him up and put his towels in the decontamination chamber. He's still banned from following me though.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Our late lamented Lab once found a long-dead crab to roll on. Which was nice.
Not nearly as good as the fox poo, or the time that another Lab of ours rolled in a fresh cow pat.
Fortunately there was a handy river to push her into.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

It seems my down the road neighbours Labrador found it too. Only trouble was, I'd started to give her a stroke before the smell hit me and he proclaimed that he thought she'd rolled in something. I affirmed that she definitely had and went in to wash my hands.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Mine has a guilty expression that she only uses when she's been up on the furniture uninvited or rolled in something. It's then followed by the "you're so mean" look because I've either had to get the hoover to get rid of the dog hair (she's scared of the hoover) or marched her over to the hosepipe and liberally soaked her (and usually myself) and scrubbed her until it's safe to breathe again. It's a cruel world.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Our late lamented Lab once found a long-dead crab to roll on. Which was nice.
Not nearly as good as the fox poo, or the time that another Lab of ours rolled in a fresh cow pat.
Fortunately there was a handy river to push her into.

Was that recent Doc?

Cubist

Still wavin'
I had a terrier that rolled in a dead seagull on Newhaven Beach. We started our journey back to Huddersfield before we realised she had done so. I simply turned straight round and dragged her unceremoniously into the surf! It had gone a sort of khaki colour.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Canadian friends tell me that if your dog is sprayed by a skunk, the only solution to the appalling stink is to wash the mutt from head to toe in tomato ketchup. Bizarre, but true.

asterix

Comrade Member
....is following me around and it's strong.

It could be a premonition but it's not. Instead it's the smell of dead seagull, the one the dog rolled in. I'm just summoning up the will to deal with it and wash him down. Right now he's been banished from my side while I eat my breakfast, sigh.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV4P_keZXBR9cd6JfiGr-F1lybgBdA_7oUkkTxPXeR9uqEU97oFQ.jpg

Top Bottom