The Sony Action Cam AS10/ AS15 review and users thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

I really don't want to do that hole thing. Does any water get in when it rains at all? As a drop of water and the cameras f***ed.

I've got three holes drilled on the side and two on the front, I've also used it in *very* heavy Scottish rain and no water has gotten inside the camera. The benefit of holes are better sound too.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
I've got three holes drilled on the side and two on the front, I've also used it in *very* heavy Scottish rain and no water has gotten inside the camera. The benefit of holes are better sound too.
If you want better sound, just get the non-waterproof mount; with holes drilled in the waterproof case, you have compromised the case...

Those moisture traps are on eBay
here!

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
With that case you can't use it in rain. With a few small holes it's still waterproof except you can't use it underwater.
Therefor its not waterproof lol but I know what you mean. I want the problem fixed as the footage quality is really good its just the fecking fogging.

D

Deleted member 20519

I don't suppose anyone here has a spare curved mount that they'd be willing to give to me? I already used mine so the adhesive is gone.

BSRU

A Human Being
I don't suppose anyone here has a spare curved mount that they'd be willing to give to me? I already used mine so the adhesive is gone.
I might have some hidden away in the garage somewhere, I have never used them but I am not sure if I binned them or not.

D

Deleted member 20519

I might have some hidden away in the garage somewhere, I have never used them but I am not sure if I binned them or not.

That would be fantastic if you found them, no rush though :smile:

BSRU

A Human Being
That would be fantastic if you found them, no rush though :smile:
Managed to find one, pm your name plus address and I'll post it.

Blurb

Über Member
I replaced my AS15 and AS30 with two AS100s as well.. I don't think there's much in the video performance between the older and newer model(s) unless you use the ridiculously memory hungry Pro mode for a marginally improved picture. I just wanted the extra features, GPS, NFC,, extra video modes and simply a newer model with the possibility of further improvements through firmware updates, and it looks good in white :-)

Top Bottom