England : London The Spooky Sunday London Ride - 18th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jennyh

So far, I think I've got expressions of interest from:

@rb58
@Blue Hills
@lilolee
@Nick Saddlesore
@samsbike
@GM
@CharlieB
@Mr Orange
@anothersam (I think)
Martin (no longer of this parish)
@sagefly
Jenny TheTopiaryHuntingYellowBromptonistaLegend plus about 4 friends

Anyone else before I open it up wider?

Is there topiary on the ride??? :tongue:

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Sounds a lot of fun but I will still be in WA (where cycling looks anything but fun: I will try to get a photo of a typical road train, thundering along endlessly straight single carriageway roads at 110kph)

Weather is looking a bit iffy but if it's dry would I be ok to join??
Be positive - bad form to queer the pitches of rides for weather which may bother you but not others - tis still some time away - and in any case just looked and it's looking pretty decent to me.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Weather is looking a bit iffy but if it's dry would I be ok to join??
Be pleased to see you. BBC and Norwegians say it’ll be dry and warm. Met Office has small chance of a little rain in the afternoon. We’ll be finished by then though.

Having said that, it’s only Wednesday and the forecast will change before the weekend. The ride will only be cancelled if the weather is biblical.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Just as a quick reminder, it’ll be a few miles before there’s an opportunity for a comfort break, so best to use the facilities in Hyde Park before you rock up to the start.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Is there topiary on the ride??? :tongue:
Unfortunately, it’s unlikely.

Apologies. I’m new and thought it a fairly innocuous comment
No probs. I was probably channeling some grumpiness towards an odd twisted soul from the days when I used to lead lots of rides.
In my experience weather in london at least is often kinder than the forecasts might imply. Say hi if you come along - will probably be on a cobbled together 20 year old ridgeback of some sort.

Top Bottom