England : London The Spooky Sunday London Ride - 18th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Just back from the final recce. I've made one or two small alterations, largely due to road closures. This week we will be cycling south on Tottenham Court Road. That'll be a first for me as it's only just been re-opened since they made it two way. Also, my route through Mile End Park takes us along some very narrow canal paths which I think are too risky, so we'll be trying to navigate a different way through the park. I wasn't able to check out options this morning due to park runners everywhere. So, if anyone has local knowledge on how to get from Copperfield Road at the south end of the park to the Grove Road entrance into Victoria Park, give me a shout. I have a road route we can use if necessary, but would prefer to us go through the park.

See you tomorrow.

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
through the park
https://goo.gl/maps/aFy3Hik1kTft4L9N6 - short bit of towpath by the climbing wall. Otherwise, mainly same but come out at Clinton Rd onto Grove Rd, under rail bridge, then back in at Haverfield Rd to rejoin route.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
About 15 of us gathered to salute the Horse Guards this morning before we headed off in search of some London's most haunted places. No sooner had we rolled out from HPC than the rain started, then within minutes it came down heavily. Some sheltered, some headed for stations and home, then the remainder decided to take coffee in the splendid cafe in Russell Square. By the time @jennyh had fixed her puncture, the rain had stopped and the sun was shining again, so suitably refreshed we continued albeit on a slightly shorter route to make some of the lost time. We travelled east through the West End and The City before riding through the East End and Mile End Park. We ended up at the ViewTube in Stratford where splendid food was served, and beer taken.

All's well that end's well.

For those interested, this was our route, with stops at:

Hyde Park Corner tube station
The Cadogan Hotel
50 Berkeley Square
Handel's House
Langham Hotel (room 333)
British Museum tube station
Theatre Royal Drury Lane
Coutts Bank
[We skipped the Clerkenwell House of Detention in the interested of time]
Bank of England
St Botolph's Without Bishopsgate
Liverpool Street station
Bethnal Green tube station
The Ragged School

See all on the next one, if not before - Riots and Revolution: 22 September led by @lilolee

Top Bottom