The start of a Tour de France stage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
There is the "sign-on" process so all the riders come and sign on pre start of stage and obviously are milling about pre start. The publicity "caravan" goes down the route an hour or so ahead of the riders. so there will be lots to see. Start towns pay a lot to host it, so will be lots going on to encourage you to invest your Krona back into the local economy.

I would say go to start but get there early to see most up close and personal with the teams, and then find a cafe / bar to watch it in.

I assume from his username @steveindenmark lives in Denmark so will advise on other stuff. I think he said the route was going past his house, or at least he has a yellow bike by his garden gate.

It goes right past my house. I will be captive in my garden for a few hours.^_^

OP
OP
Badger1

Badger1

Veteran
It goes right past my house. I will be captive in my garden for a few hours.^_^
Steve, if you're about on Friday 1st July then please give all the riders for Prostate Cancer a wave, depending on how far along the route you are we may need some encouragement!! I'll keep an eye out for a yellow bike!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Steve, if you're about on Friday 1st July then please give all the riders for Prostate Cancer a wave, depending on how far along the route you are we may need some encouragement!! I'll keep an eye out for a yellow bike!

I am on the stage 3 part of the route. Vejle to Sonderborg. There are dozens of yellow bikes all along the route. Will there be groups riding the entire course on the 1st?

OP
OP
Badger1

Badger1

Veteran
Steve, Ah OK - we won't see you then!

I don't know about other groups - I'm on a ride organised by Prostate Cancer, but I'm sure there will be other groups riding, the roads will be open so it could be a free for all!

Top Bottom