The story of my bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
463865_4855101695812_1153327842_o-jpg.333775.jpg
In 2003 i had not one but two operations on my right knee.For nine years it had been swelling up and locking while at work.This meant i spent time off the floor and in the first aid room.If after about an hour or the knee had not gone down i was delivered to A.& E at a Leeds hospital.
Things got so bad i was being put on a chair inside a cage and wheeled off the floor to recover.Well i was put on a warning the were called stages,and warned that my services may not be required.A medical discharge might be on the horizon.So i saw my GP who got me an operation.
Well knowing i was under threat i went back before the hospital had finished with me.During one night shift it went again.This time it was worse,i was taken by Ambulance to hospital and kept there till the morning clinic.The Surgeon who had done the op,went nuts when he saw me.
So on to 2006,Vol redundancy is offered to thousands of postal workers.i am one.i take it and retire.Now it gets to 2009 i am doing lots of charity work.The knee starts again.So i am seen by a Doctor in Harrogate.Stop all activities and see me in four months or so.So now it is 2010.I have been left one thousand pounds in a Will.
April i think this is,now i am looking for a bike.My local store in Leeds 7 would not do a shop to shop swap.So i refuse to buy a bike unseen.
I am discharged from Harrogate Hospital after the knee has settled down on it's own after resting.
So i decide i am going to look around Harrogate,maybe press my nose on the window of Betty's.But on the bus i spot some red flags flying outside a cycle shop.I get off at the next stop.I still have one thousand pounds in my account.
So inside i go,i think the chap was named Paul i explain i am looking for a Spesh Sectuer Elite.They don't have one,but the Roubiax has a frame similar.
If i promise to call back mid week they will get a Sectuer in.We both keep our promises.i return mid week.Paul wheels out this beautiful bike with the seat post out to it's max.He says i can ride it outside.I said don't bother i have already bought it.I held on to the counter and sat on it.The seat post just needed the tiniest of adjustments I returned with my wife three days later with the car,and took it home,
Over the last six years only a couple of changes.have been made,a longer seatpost to take pressure off the joints.I tried a Charge Spoon on it but in the end kept my faithful B17 and various bags on the back plus different toe clips.
It is a superb bike so comfy on long runs.A fantastic purchase and the knees,no problems.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
View attachment 333781 In 2003 i had not one but two operations on my right knee.For nine years it had been swelling up and locking while at work.This meant i spent time off the floor and in the first aid room.If after about an hour or the knee had not gone down i was delivered to A.& E at a Leeds hospital.
Things got so bad i was being put on a chair inside a cage and wheeled off the floor to recover.Well i was put on a warning the were called stages,and warned that my services may not be required.A medical discharge might be on the horizon.So i saw my GP who got me an operation.
Well knowing i was under threat i went back before the hospital had finished with me.During one night shift it went again.This time it was worse,i was taken by Ambulance to hospital and kept there till the morning clinic.The Surgeon who had done the op,went nuts when he saw me.
So on to 2006,Vol redundancy is offered to thousands of postal workers.i am one.i take it and retire.Now it gets to 2009 i am doing lots of charity work.The knee starts again.So i am seen by a Doctor in Harrogate.Stop all activities and see me in four months or so.So now it is 2010.I have been left one thousand pounds in a Will.
April i think this is,now i am looking for a bike.My local store in Leeds 7 would not do a shop to shop swap.So i refuse to buy a bike unseen.
I am discharged from Harrogate Hospital after the knee has settled down on it's own after resting.
So i decide i am going to look around Harrogate,maybe press my nose on the window of Betty's.But on the bus i spot some red flags flying outside a cycle shop.I get off at the next stop.I still have one thousand pounds in my account.
So inside i go,i think the chap was named Paul i explain i am looking for a Spesh Sectuer Elite.They don't have one,but the Roubiax has a frame similar.
If i promise to call back mid week they will get a Sectuer in.We both keep our promises.i return mid week.Paul wheels out this beautiful bike with the seat post out to it's max.He says i can ride it outside.I said don't bother i have already bought it.I held on to the counter and sat on it.The seat post just needed the tiniest of adjustments I returned with my wife three days later with the car,and took it home,
Over the last six years only a couple of changes.have been made,a longer seatpost to take pressure off the joints.I tried a Charge Spoon on it but in the end kept my faithful B17 and various bags on the back plus different toe clips.
It is a superb bike so comfy on long runs.A fantastic purchase and the knees,no problems.
It was me, Mark not Paul, how could you forget my name!
The Brooks in one of your other pics looks great by the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom