The stuff lost and then found, or waiting to be found in your home, garage, workplace etc thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I've bought a replacement for that lost orange torch. As you can see I bought the same fluorescent orange one. The reading glasses are to show the size of the torch. It only cost £2.50. Something tells me that now I've bought a replacement, the lost one will turn up! :rolleyes:

View attachment 699894

How will you know if the original turns up and you lose the new one? You've not thought this through.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
On a winner today, found the cheap 'cafe' cable lock too, whilst looking for bits for the two day ride at weekend ! It's another 'thing' that's been missing.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I spend a useful 30 minutes today pulling shifters/derailleurs/brakes out of their respective storage areas in the parts shed.

I've got an extra set of both Dura-Ace 9000 and Ultegra 8000 shifters, but need two LH Ultegra ones and a RH not LH Dura-Ace one. Found a set of Dura-Ace 9000 brakes that I thought I had but had fallen down the back of the 'pedals' box. We'll use some on son no. 2's Ridley Fenix and Helium builds plus continue upgrades on other bikes.

After which it'll be 'selling' time - Ultegra 6700 10-speed shifters plus some 105 5800 shifters/derailleurs/brakes.

grldtnr

I spend a useful 30 minutes today pulling shifters/derailleurs/brakes out of their respective storage areas in the parts shed.

I've got an extra set of both Dura-Ace 9000 and Ultegra 8000 shifters, but need two LH Ultegra ones and a RH not LH Dura-Ace one. Found a set of Dura-Ace 9000 brakes that I thought I had but had fallen down the back of the 'pedals' box. We'll use some on son no. 2's Ridley Fenix and Helium builds plus continue upgrades on other bikes.

After which it'll be 'selling' time - Ultegra 6700 10-speed shifters plus some 105 5800 shifters/derailleurs/brakes.

My marbles!
Once lost a pr of specs, you guessed it, found them 2 yrs later, in my map drawer, masquerades as a 'sock' drawer, thing is I knew I put them down there, turned the whole room upside inside out, even lifted a floor board or two( one is a bit dodgy Dave, nuffink.!

This was during the 'panic' demic, what a game of soldiers trying to get a new pr!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I thought I'd brought my tortoiseshell sunglasses into my flat last night. After rooting through about 10 jacket pockets (can't remember which jacket I had on yesterday) I just can not find them! I thought I'd maybe left them in my car, but nope, they weren't there as I checked this aft'. So that's 2 pairs of shades and a torch hiding somewhere in my flat! 🤔

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Oh and I've dropped a small bottle of contact lens comfort solution in my car this aft'. They fell out of my jacket pocket and must've ended up under the driver's seat. I just can not be bothered to get on my knees to root for the damned thing!!:dry:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I lost a fisher space pen out of my trouser pocket only to find it in the gutter outside my house a week later somewhat battered
On about being battered. 🐟 Have you been in here lately? :okay:

nc_ohc=0PyzsaZ_NJIAX-qm8_t&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom