The stuff lost and then found, or waiting to be found in your home, garage, workplace etc thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Erm ... are any of those visitors now mentioned in the MIA thread? :whistle:
Well you , @Drago , @Illaveago , @Fab Foodie , @Saluki are still active not sure about the others though as I can't remember what names they used

Venod

Eh up
I lost one of my favourite screwdrivers, I was convinced it was in the loft under the insulation, after I used it installing a shower light, but wasn't to be found anywhere, it turned up several years later under the carpet in a bedroom cupboard.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is a stack of stuff in my garage. I do have a few storage boxes of bike bits I may need. Box of 'home stuff' that is useful for spares, but cycling kit just moves about.

I have a scull cap missing somewhere. Unfortunately its really small, so might have ended up in socks etc.

Sure there might be a 'lost' bike in the garage, who knows

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
If this thread dies a death, so be it, but here's your opportunity to list things you've lost, then found or haven't found yet. In my case I bought a small fluorescent orange torch the other week. The last time I saw it was about 3 days ago, after I'd let my dog out for a pee. I bought the torch in that colour, thinking the brighter the colour, the easier it'll be to not lose it...but unfortunately I've lost it! :rolleyes: Then there's that pair of green framed sunglasses I haven't seen for nearly 2 weeks. I've searched high and low, but I just can not find them! What have you lost and what have you found after the item was missing for quite a while? Or what is missing, yet to be found? 🤔

Is your orange torch lurking in amongst the carrots? 🤔
Just a thought... 👍

Drago

Legendary Member
Over the years there has been quite a few cc members allowed access to the garage . None have been taken prisoner or held for ransom 😁

I came away gutted. You had that gorgeous 531 frame that you'd just had power coated but I was worried it was just a bit small for me so ultimately, and fery reluctantly, declined. I'm sure I heard a bolt action rifle being cocked somewhere at the back while I was pondering the matter

You'll never be able to move house!

If I ever visit again I'll print a long rope and tie my ankle to the car bumper before venturing in, or else bring Ray Mears with me.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Mrs SD's expensive walking boots went walkabout in the garage a year or so back.

Despite several searches they remain missing and have now been replaced.

It's a tidy garage too so we have no idea how they have disappeared - they used to reside on the shelf by the bright blue box upper right.

IMG_20210120_124528.jpg

fossyant

Mrs SD's expensive walking boots went walkabout in the garage a year or so back.

Despite several searches they remain missing and have now been replaced.

It's a tidy garage too so we have no idea how they have disappeared - they used to reside on the shelf by the bright blue box upper right.

View attachment 699889

One problem, there is a lack of bikes and spare wheels ?

fossyant

Lost skull cap has been found at the very bottom of the cycling kit 'basket' (stuff I use regular sits in a basket, the rest in cupboards). Doing a kit check for next weekend's two day Pennine Bridleway ride and I found it, and also a warmer cap, as the weather forecast is wet. Also found both of my spare commuting bike lights - one in a drawer, the other in the conservatory as it get's used as a torch quite often.

fossyant

Also found a bunch of 'park' self adhesive patches and a new tube of rubber glue - one in my rucksack (again for next weekend) is unopened, but old, and last time that happened, I had no glue in the tube. Those now in rucksack !

Top Bottom