the stupidity of bike bandits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tinywheels

Über Member
Some scrots attempted to steal my brompton out of the back of my car.
Broad daylight, lobbed a rock through the driver's side window.
On discovering deadlocks tried to pull it out of the now broken window.
never gonna work! window too small, bike too heavy to maneuver from rear of vehicle and into position, even if window were big enough. :laugh:
only left unattended for trip to shop for beers.
anyone had a similar dumb assed thief try it on?

Attachments

• IMG-20221018-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20221018-WA0001.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 12

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think you need a non see through, non Brompton bag for it. They are obviously being targeted but you do not see that many suspicious ones being advertised. I wonder if someoneone is ordering them from this London scrotes to ship abroad.

I had a scrote break my car window to steal my Oakley sunglasses that I bought for about 20 pence in Turkey. I managed to keep my 2 quid Rolex watch.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Fair play for being as pragmatic and light-hearted about this as you are - were it me I'd be looking for heads on sticks tbh. Scum.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Someone once broke into our Morris Minor and stole a bottle of cheap wine and an ancient Barbour jacket with battery acid holes in the front. On the up side, they left the huge bunch of 1960s/70s car keys they used to open the door in the ignition.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
A local smackhead robbed my lovely old Mk1 Fiesta many years ago, and was spotted driving it around the local town some days later by a mate..

Took us telling the Polis that we'd recover the car ourselves before they pulled their fingers out and did the job themselves :rolleyes:

I had a manky old waterbottle stolen from my bike. It has a lead acid battery inside.
Thieves think first "can I steal it"
Then " how do I steal it"
And then " is it worth anything"

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I think i've previously posted this account but it is apt to the thread so worthy of a repeat.

Back in the day, one of my housemates had one of those "hi fi" rack systems, low quality sound but superficially looked like quality kit. He perhaps unwisely had it backing on to a ground floor window which he thought had caught the eye of some low-life who broke in. What the thief hadn't realised was that the thing had been in a fire and all the front was melted and my housemate had had to replace the melted knobs on the graphic equaliser with the tops off tooth paste tubes. Basically the unit was total shyte and worthless. The n'ere do well then rummaged around a bit and found a locked cupboard. He broke my other flatmate's soldering iron jemmying the cupboard but his triumph was short lived. It was the landlord's cupboard and contained his collection of old dried up paint tins and the like. We actually felt sorry for the guy

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Couple of scrotes put a brick through the passenger side window of my Suzuki van in Largs. Nothing was visible except the bog standard radio which was not high end. There was a load of silver jewellery in the back belonging to a friend which I had collected from a private exhibition as well as my own goods but unfortunately for them I was asleep in the back as well so they got an almighty shock. Also unfortunately I had no shoes on and so could not give chase anyway.
The police saw them running through the bus station “ like all the devils in hell were after them” but being in their car did not try to catch them and just waited for the inevitable radio call. 😠

bruce1530

Guru
A guy tried to break into my house a few nights ago (unsuccessfully, but we've got some great video of him with his arm through the catflap trying to reach up to the lock). He also did a couple of other houses nearby.

His total haul was 1 garden hose and a 2 litre carton of milk.

When the police knocked at his door the next day the garden hose was sitting in the hallway...

Top Bottom