The taste of cow slurry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The story was also in Cycling Weekly, but I can't find it on website at the moment

Here's an alternative site; http://barfblog.com/2015/03/beware-...-country-runners-at-risk-of-e-coli-poisoning/

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
You'll understand my distress when I tell you that I work for a perfume manufacturer. I'm one of the few blokes who can come home stinking of women's perfume and get away with it.

classic33

Leg End Member
You'll understand my distress when I tell you that I work for a perfume manufacturer. I'm one of the few blokes who can come home stinking of women's perfume and get away with it.
They'll have fun with you on Monday, or when you're next in then.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I once worked on a dairy farm. When we mucked out the byre every morning it was done by shovel and wheelbarrow. We took turns wheeling the barrow up a steep plank to the top of the dung heap and tipped it up. This required a fair turn of speed at the bottom to get up the plank. The secret was to judge your speed to just reach the top. You can see where this is going can't you! The other student Wee George misjudged it badly one day and went straight over the top into about 12 feet of freshish dung. Fortunately it was fairly solid and he did not sink too far onto it. Creature From The Black Lagoon somehow comes to mind.

Living pretty rural, animal poo, along with muck spreaders are kind of a fact of life. And the crop spraying. The one to avoid is the irrigating. They draw water from the drains to do that, and goodness, is that stuff smelly. You really don't want to be cycling / walking through that spray.

It's docky here, not piece.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A good case for having mudguards on your bike!
But a better case for the rider in front of you to have mudguards on their bike! :okay:

oldroadman

Veteran
I did the Endura Braveheart Ride last year, the weather was wet (it's always wet at this event), the cooshit was everywhere, what with the cooshit and rain I decided not to drink from my bidon and stopped at a shop for some bottled water
very wise. Bottles with a cover over the top to protect the bit that you drink from are handy.
But animal leavings - welcome to Belgium. Not for nothing is the combination of mud and muck nicknamed "Belgian toothpaste". Mind all these years on I've got all my teeth (bar one) still and they are nice and white...:biggrin:

Reactions: GGJ
Top Bottom