The taste of cow slurry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
very wise. Bottles with a cover over the top to protect the bit that you drink from are handy.
But animal leavings - welcome to Belgium. Not for nothing is the combination of mud and muck nicknamed "Belgian toothpaste". Mind all these years on I've got all my teeth (bar one) still and they are nice and white...:biggrin:
... but your breath smells like a cow's a***! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
... but your breath smells like a cow's a***! :laugh:
I'll not ask how you know that.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have to admit that when I used to mountain bike at night, having once been badly startled by a black cow in the night, I developed an irrational fear of racing down a hill, hitting the back end of a cow and dying with my helmeted head stuck in its bottom. It sounds silly now but I used to worry about it.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I have to admit that when I used to mountain bike at night, having once been badly startled by a black cow in the night, I developed an irrational fear of racing down a hill, hitting the back end of a cow and dying with my helmeted head stuck in its bottom. It sounds silly now but I used to worry about it.

You've just reminded me of the 'horse scene' in that accurate law-enforcement documentary: Police Academy.

ColinJ

You've just reminded me of the 'horse scene' in that accurate law-enforcement documentary: Police Academy.

In my case, it was a horse and @mjr was first to the Police Academy clip :laugh:

In the space of just a couple of years of riding I nearly ended up inserting my head up the rectum of a large horse, impaling myself on the back of a spike sticking out of a slow-moving tractor, and slamming into the back of a stationary van which was held up in traffic congestion.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
One or two stories of cyclists falling very ill from animal urine/faeces splashed on to the top of low mounted water bottles.
Half odds and Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op (among others) sell bottles with caps over the top, if you're inclined to use the teat. Otherwise, unscrew the cap and you should be safe.

Doing stuff like not licking your lips or rubbing your eyes with your ringers are worthwhile precautions.
Ringers? I'd not rub my eye with my bell anyway.

Surely the farmer has a duty of care to prevent this happening? If nothing else it must be a public health issue?
Of course they do, just like they have a duty to wash mud off the roads after moving farm vehicles across and we know how well that duty is done and enforced :laugh: while incompetent slurry-spraying is a lot harder to prove unless you had a camera running.

Is the bike OK?
I'd guess it's just a bit shoot.

The obvious question is how do you know what cow slurry tastes like?
Reminds me of a fast food takeaway in CMK many many years ago, where a woman was complaining that the coke tasted like bleach: apparently without thinking, the puzzled-looking server asked how she knew what bleach tasted like. Wrong thing to say! :rofl:

ColinJ

I was out in the Ribble Valley on Saturday and encountered the phantom slurry sprayer on the lovely little lane past the wild boar park, between Chipping and Whitewell. He was blasting the stuff up into the air from the road and I was quite impressed by how far across the adjacent field it went, but with memories of this thread I stayed right back. That was probably a very good idea because the farmer carried on spraying as he passed roadside trees which splattered the slurry in all directions. Fortunately, there were no birds in the trees at the time! :laugh:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I was out in the Ribble Valley on Saturday and encountered the phantom slurry sprayer on the lovely little lane past the wild boar park, between Chipping and Whitewell. He was blasting the stuff up into the air from the road and I was quite impressed by how far across the adjacent field it went, but with memories of this thread I stayed right back. That was probably a very good idea because the farmer carried on spraying as he passed roadside trees which splattered the slurry in all directions. Fortunately, there were no birds in the trees at the time! :laugh:
Unless of course the birds were all Turdus Turdidae, and were camouflaged.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sounds more like a contractor having somewhere to put the contents of tanks being cleaned.

Top Bottom