The Telegraph thinks cycling is a male activity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ClaireSaud

Veteran
Thanks for the links jefmcg. I part-read the 3rd link from Cathy Bussey and to be honest I got quite bored with it. Her articles always annoy me :angry: Women harping on about how poorly treated they are by other road users (men) always get on my wick! Maybe they should give up cycling and watch that feminist bile that is otherwise known as Loose Women :rolleyes:

Linford

Cycling for women is being pushed now as an activity undertaken on Dutch sit up and beg style bikes...the problem with this is that like all other fashion, it will have a limited shelf life in the eyes of the fickle followers.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I've never understood this 'it's a male activity' stance. Sure more men ride than women, but if women wanted to ride they can, it's not like the men cycling out there are going to stop them and shout 'Oi love get back to the kitchen'. If they want to ride they can, no-one is stopping them apart from themselves.

vickster

Legendary Member
This is fine as long as they have good legs and do not under any circumstances wear white shorts, especially in wet or sweaty weather...no one wants to see that in front of them, believe me, I've had that inflicted on me xx(

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
This is fine as long as they have good legs and do not under any circumstances wear white shorts, especially in wet or sweaty weather...no one wants to see that in front of them, believe me, I've had that inflicted on me xx(
I've yet to experience this scenario on a ride. Is it any worse than the whale-tail and similar sights on display in the supermarket when people try to inspect the goods on the bottom shelf? :blink:

vickster

Legendary Member
Not dissimilar...except it's harder to get away from if you are following said 'exposed' cyclist!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Can't look pretty, can't sit still.
Can ride my bike (s) ^_^

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'm a bigger lady. I don't care what I look like on my bike (although I hasten to add I remain covered up at all times!).
I ride because I love it but I'm getting fitter and losing weight :smile:

I have started a blog but I don't have the 'balls' to make it public yet lol

http://lovelybike.blogspot.co.uk/
Blog by a lass in the USA that I occasionally read, worth a few minutes of anyone's time IMHO
One of the best blogs out there -- by a man or a woman -- and a key influence on me, right from when I started cycling (about 6 months after V started the blog).

I have started a blog but I don't have the 'balls' to make it public yet lol

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ;)

One of my NY resolutions was to stop being so shy about promoting my blog.
So it's in my signature and here it is here: velovoice.blogspot.co.uk.
No guarantees as to quality.... certainly shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Lovely Bicycle.

Top Bottom