The things you find while cycling ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Looks like Classic is still way out in front on most-grisly-find!
Thanks!!

OP
OP
Smurfy

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Can I lay claim to the most expensive item found 4 Nov 2013?
The Porsche or the silverware? I can't imagine you mean the shoe or the foot, although no doubt the owner misses their foot, and would pay quite a bit to have use of it again.
Or the STOP sign 5 Nov 2013.
I used to know someone who had a garden full of road signs. Some of the larger ones he'd re-cycled as tops for small garden tables. I never got round to asking where they came from.

He also had a brass plaque stating:
'On this spot in 1863
Nothing happened'

I think he worked in the business of house clearances for a while, and combined with the fact that he was a bit of an oddball, he had ended up with the strangest and most eclectic collection of items I've ever seen.

Anyway, I think I'd like to try for a claim of most music CDs collected from the roadside. I take them home and listen to them (although many of them skip like mad). I think it's given me a unique insight into what passengers dislike in the driver's music collection.

classic33

Leg End Member
The Porsche or the silverware? I can't imagine you mean the shoe or the foot, although no doubt the owner misses their foot, and would pay quite a bit to have use of it again.

I used to know someone who had a garden full of road signs. Some of the larger ones he'd re-cycled as tops for small garden tables. I never got round to asking where they came from.

He also had a brass plaque stating:
'On this spot in 1863
Nothing happened'

I think he worked in the business of house clearances for a while, and combined with the fact that he was a bit of an oddball, he had ended up with the strangest and most eclectic collection of items I've ever seen.

Anyway, I think I'd like to try for a claim of most music CDs collected from the roadside. I take them home and listen to them (although many of them skip like mad). I think it's given me a unique insight into what passengers dislike in the driver's music collection.
Porsche, value was over £100,000. Stolen from the dealer.

classic33

Leg End Member
But not the kind of thing you can stuff in your pannier pocket easily!
True, but then I didn't fold the sign up or put the shoe in the rucksack either.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I found a Knog light. Sadly it was much flatter than when it was first purchased!

classic33

Leg End Member
The shoe/foot thing was gross. I don't know how you brought yourself to pick it up, although the look on the police man's face must've been worth a bit when you plonked it on the lost and found counter.
First thought was, what had I hit. Upon going back to check I found it was a shoe, with something inside. Further examination found the foot inside. Given what was inside, where else could I have taken it?
It was in the days when the counter was open and it soon cleared when the the first officer took a look inside. Didn't believe me, so he'd to check.

Top Bottom