The things you find while cycling ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
My commute has a long uphill on the way home. I'm often going slowly enough to spot odds and ends in the gutter, and sometimes I stop to pick them up. So far I've recovered a few pound coins, and most recently, a Cliff Richard CD!

What have you found while cycling?

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
Apples, brambles, raspberries, cep, chantrelle, gooseberries. I'm an inveterate free food forager

Glow worm

Legendary Member
The oddest thing so far is a video tape I found lobbed in a hedge near Burnham Thorpe, Norfolk in about 2001. When I played it (who wouldn't?) it was a half hour or so of a Dutch couple clad in leather grumpily whipping eachother. And that was about it. No wonder someone lobbed it in a hedge.

More recently while stopped for a pee, I spotted a plastic bag and inside it was a dead rabbit. The place is full of rabbits and presumably dead ones too, so why anyone would put one in a bag is a bit of a mystery.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The results of a burglary on a church near Leeds, including the silverware from the church. In trying to hand it in to the police I was asked if "I'd actually found them".
To which, you replied "No - I always phone the police so I can hand over the stuff that I have just stolen!"

And then they arrested you for the burglary?

classic33

Leg End Member
To which, you replied "No - I always phone the police so I can hand over the stuff that I have just stolen!"

And then they arrested you for the burglary?
I'd actually gone to the Police station, upon finding them. Closer to home than the police station at the time. I asked for the items back, saying I'd take them to the Central Station & hand them in there, if that was the attitude to people handing expensive Silver/Gold items in! Not pleased at all.

buggi

Bird Saviour
A shoe with the foot still in it, a Porsche(upturned in a field). The results of a burglary on a church near Leeds, including the silverware from the church. In trying to hand it in to the police I was asked if "I'd actually found them".
you found a shoe with a foot in it and all the cops are bothered about is if you "found" the silver??

Kies

A crisp £20 at the start of a social ride from Gerrards Cross. Needless to say i bought coffee, tea and lots of
C A K E !!!!

classic33

Leg End Member
you found a shoe with a foot in it and all the cops are bothered about is if you "found" the silver??
They were found three miles & about 20 years apart.
The foot in the shoe was left at the scene of an earlier accident. I'd hit the shoe, due to a lorry coming up alongside on the left. Marked lanes & we were both in the correct lanes, unable to avoid it. Stopped when able & went back on foot to see what I'd hit. Upon finding the foot inside, took it to the Police station, who were not too pleased at me handing it in, as property found.

Top Bottom