The today's weather where you are thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Two photos, one today and one December 14th. We've had unprecedented levels of rainfall these last six weeks. It's normal for the river to go over the banks and into the meadows like the first photo. The problem is it's not stopped there. The dike's are holding at the moment, but in parts of town and towns downstream there have been evacuations. I was bailing out my cellar last night as the pumps at the local waterworks temporarily failed. All's fine today though and it's not raining for a change.

IMG_20231216_144531973.jpg

IMG_20231230_102319573_HDR.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Getting cold and gloomy which I suspect means we're getting your second hand weather again.

I can see snow on the Black Forest hills.
Hasn't been that bad down south, so it'll not be too bad if it reaches you.
Don't worry!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No rain yesterday, but still an annoying cold wind, this time blowing from the north west.:cold: We've had nice warm springs for the last few years, but not too great summers. Let's hope it's saving the warm dry weather for summer this year!

albion

Guru
Skys darkening in Newcastle for a couple of hours patchy rain.
The fresh northerlees have given rise to patches of fantastic sunny fresh cycling weather.
The rest of the month should be much of the same too.

Better than summer in many ways

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Absolute pissing it down all day yesterday with strong winds! :angry: The air is so damp these days that even though they say the temperature is average for this time of year blah blah, it feels a lot colder. So far this year I've had one day when I didn't have to wear gloves!!:thumbsdown:

Top Bottom