The today's weather where you are thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mild, very blustery and occasionally raining sideways. My derriere got rather wet while I walked to the post office earlier.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Dear Weather Gods... ha ha ha - you got me!!!!! :laugh:

I had been watching the local forecast and it suggested that the rain would stop by late afternoon and there would be a few dry hours this evening. Sure enough, the rain stopped over an hour ago. I don't have mudguards on my bike so I had been waiting for the roads to dry a little but was finally about to get ready to go out for an evening ride.

Then the room suddenly lit up... Hang on, was that... KERBOOM!!!!!!!!!!... er, a thunderstorm starting up? :whistle:

Yep! The rain was pouring down...

Looks like it is blowing over rapidly and should be waking @classic33 up in Halifax now!

Now I'll have to wait another hour and see what is going on then. If it hasn't settled down, I'll cancel the ride and stroll down to the shops instead.

classic33

Leg End Member
Dear Weather Gods... ha ha ha - you got me!!!!! :laugh:

I had been watching the local forecast and it suggested that the rain would stop by late afternoon and there would be a few dry hours this evening. Sure enough, the rain stopped over an hour ago. I don't have mudguards on my bike so I had been waiting for the roads to dry a little but was finally about to get ready to go out for an evening ride.

Then the room suddenly lit up... Hang on, was that... KERBOOM!!!!!!!!!!... er, a thunderstorm starting up? :whistle:

Yep! The rain was pouring down...

Looks like it is blowing over rapidly and should be waking @classic33 up in Halifax now!

Now I'll have to wait another hour and see what is going on then. If it hasn't settled down, I'll cancel the ride and stroll down to the shops instead.
Noticed the thunder, the lightning and the heavy rain in that order.
Lights flickered for a few minutes.

A lightning strike on a nearby hillside.
A few large rocks there that might be a bit smaller now.

Gwylan

Veteran
Been windy all day. Too windy for me to cycle against.
Not being in territory I know there are no obvious circular routes with shelter.

classic33

Leg End Member
Noticed the thunder, the lightning and the heavy rain in that order.
Lights flickered for a few minutes.

A lightning strike on a nearby hillside.
A few large rocks there that might be a bit smaller now.
One of a series of photos in the local paper from last night.
b25lY21zOmM5MWM5YzFjLTgxNWYtNGQ3MC1iMWE0LTJiMjdhMzFhNDQ1YjphMDdlMDQ5Mi0yMjAzLTRiMWQtOTUzMi1kMz...jpg

Top Bottom