FNRttC The Tour 2017

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by mmmmartin, 20 Jan 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

Those who have expressed an interest by emailing fridaystour2017@gmail.com will have received an email today.
    If you're interested it's not too late to join.

2. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

Version two. There is a 'no ferries' option on the fietsersbond planner so I used that...another option is simply to reverse our route from day one in September. The 3pm ferry shouldn't have been a problem (I'm not going to be pootling) but best to avoid the risk.

3. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

It's a shame that @StuAff you won't be making the annual Fridays pilgrimage to http://www.rhoongolfcenter.nl/ - one year I went three times. Only once last year but Gordon and Olaf went a couple of times.

StuAff and ianmac62 like this.
  4. StuAff

I'm with Mark Twain on the subject of golf anyway- a good walk ruined.

5. ianmac62

ianmac62 Veteran

Golf doesn't ruin the coffee and excellent apple cake!

User1252 and mmmmartin like this.
  6. StuAff

Ah, forgot that!

ianmac62 likes this.
  7. StuAff

Updated route now featuring 19th hole (or rather to the nearest junction). Should have time enough!

8. StuAff

For those who might fancy a bike ride on rest day, I've been running through a few ideas. Here's the latest. A mere 2200ft of climbing in 102 miles!

mmmmartin likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

My thoughts centred on a pootle, followed by a longish lunch possibly accompanied by some wine.
    To each his own.

velovoice and StuAff like this.
  10. StuAff

Well, plans aren't that dissimilar...:smile:

11. jiberjaber

jiberjaber Über Member

Hasslet - if only to tick a box about eating Hasslet in Hasslet.... but whats all this miles and ft measurements.... its all a bit confusing :biggrin:

I'm on the fence but would be up for the eating tick box...

mmmmartin likes this.
  12. StuAff

OK. Approximately 165km, 671m of climbing :smile:

13. Ian at fleet

Ian at fleet Active Member

What hotels are being booked for the Masstrict 2 nighter ?

14. This won't help you much but several of us have booked out Hotel Le Bonheur a few miles to the south of the town centre. Hopefully others will be along shortly to tell you where they've booked - where you may find there are still rooms available. We're finding availability low and prices high due to Andre Roux's concert dates on the Thursday & Friday. Popular sites to search and book are booking.com and uk.hotels.com/. Good luck!

15. @Ian at fleet Are you already signed up for the Tour? If so, you may have had @mmmmartin 's email of 24/02/2017 with quite a lot of info including tips/idea re Maastricht. If you are not yet signed up but want to scope out the options before deciding, please do drop @mmmmartin a line at fridaystour2017@gmail.com. I'm sure he'll be happy to answer questions and discuss options with you.

mmmmartin likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice