FNRttC The Tour 2017

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by mmmmartin, 20 Jan 2017.

1. jiberjaber

jiberjaber Senior Member

Hasslet - if only to tick a box about eating Hasslet in Hasslet.... but whats all this miles and ft measurements.... its all a bit confusing :biggrin:

I'm on the fence but would be up for the eating tick box...

mmmmartin likes this.
  2. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

OK. Approximately 165km, 671m of climbing :smile:

3. Ian at fleet

Ian at fleet Active Member

What hotels are being booked for the Masstrict 2 nighter ?

4. This won't help you much but several of us have booked out Hotel Le Bonheur a few miles to the south of the town centre. Hopefully others will be along shortly to tell you where they've booked - where you may find there are still rooms available. We're finding availability low and prices high due to Andre Roux's concert dates on the Thursday & Friday. Popular sites to search and book are booking.com and uk.hotels.com/. Good luck!

5. @Ian at fleet Are you already signed up for the Tour? If so, you may have had @mmmmartin 's email of 24/02/2017 with quite a lot of info including tips/idea re Maastricht. If you are not yet signed up but want to scope out the options before deciding, please do drop @mmmmartin a line at fridaystour2017@gmail.com. I'm sure he'll be happy to answer questions and discuss options with you.

mmmmartin likes this.
  6. Ian at fleet

Ian at fleet Active Member

Thanks I will study this!

7. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

Yes, only those who have expressed an interest in the Tour are in this conversation. You can chat away in private.

8. @mmmmartin, this is the public thread! :hello:

9. User1252

User1252 Guest

This isn't that conversation though.

mmmmartin likes this.
  10. @Ian at fleet is in the PM though, so he does have that as a place to ask questions. :okay:

11. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

Oops. Sorry. Brain refusing to work after a hilly and very cold 100 today. A hot bath seems to have made me more knackered. Had the pleasure of two visitations from the p fairy to boot. Very enjoyable. Not as enjoyable as deciding to ride through a ford in spite of the routesheet saying use the bridge. Having lost time on the puncture I tried to save time by rushing through the ford and was delighted to find it was so deep my feet were soaked by the other side. They never recovered. It was a cold day as well, although I only really discovered how cold while fixing the second puncture deep in a dark cold wood. And when it got dark it became even more excitingly cold. Feet are all tingly now in excitement at finally receiving some blood for the first time in several hours.
    Hence brain not working. Beddie-byes very soon.

ianmac62 likes this.
  12. DP

DP Chasse patate

Not sure if anyone reads this thread anymore, but a recommendation for Eindhoven.

http://www.velosoof.com/

Really great bike cafe I went to yesterday. V close to the center of town, loads of space for big groups and a super friendly owner.

Standard Dutch cafe food and Kwarwmont on tap.

theclaud, StuAff, ianmac62 and 2 others like this.
  13. User1252

User1252 Guest

All of us, avidly

velovoice, ianmac62, DP and 1 other person like this.
  14. DP

DP Chasse patate

Cool. I'll keep the recommendations coming!

User1252, velovoice and ianmac62 like this.
  15. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

Abso-bloody-lutely!
    Thanks, @DP - it's open until 11pm when we're there. Very useful.

ianmac62 and DP like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice