ITV4 or Eurosport ?

• ITV4

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • Eurosport

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Watching some of the live show today,I should also say that I like the Matt Smith Twitter interviews, Matt Rendell's storytime and the other things they've added to break up the full stage commentary a bit in these middle acts where a breakaway is dangling on the fishing line

Watching some of the live show today,I should also say that I like the Matt Smith Twitter interviews, Matt Rendell's storytime and the other things they've added to break up the full stage commentary a bit in these middle acts where a breakaway is dangling on the fishing line
I agree, first time I have been able to watch it and it's a thumbs up from me.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I prefer the ITV4 live commentary with David Millar et al. . I wanted a change from the two voices on Eurosport.

However, for the highlights I watch Eurosport, and I particularly like Greg Lemond as well as Juan Antonio Flecha.

Adam4868

Guru
I can only.watch eurosport when on the app.i.e phone or tablet.Love the commentary of Sean kelly.So itv4 is a godsend lately.Millar especially,some great insight into bike racing.

CUBE CRD

I like the ITV4 team,but keep Mark Cavendish off the phone and away from the mic.
Great sprinter but not a pundit.....

rualexander

Legendary Member
No option in the poll for 'both'?
Now I have Eurosport Player, I tend to watch eurosport live and ITV4 highlights, or sometimes vice versa.
Both are good. Interesting that there are now three scottish pundits (D. Millar, P.York, and B.Smith) given how few Scots are involved in top level racing.
I like Ned & Dave, and also find Carlton Kirby good for a laugh, Sean Kelly not so good, Greg Lemond is pretty poor.
Gary & Chris are good as are Jonathon & Brian.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I haven't heard York yet but I'd give her some time to settle down. Millar sounds like a natural *now*, but his first gig it seemed like he hardly said anything - I do think he also took some time to get into it

I haven't heard York yet but I'd give her some time to settle down. Millar sounds like a natural *now*, but his first gig it seemed like he hardly said anything - I do think he also took some time to get into it
She seemed fairly natural to me today, I thoroughly enjoyed listening

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Millar - sometimes I doubt his tactics voodoo but he calls the result too often for it to be BS
Boulting - a pro. Walks the line between pundit, ringmaster and everyman MAMIL
Imlach - also a pro. Not cycling, but the biography of his dad is exceptional.
Boardman - Fat and increasingly irritable, but he's probably still stupid fast so who am I to judge.
Guest pundit - a mixed bag. Phillipa York was nervous but interesting. Joanna Rowsell Shand I think is great and an articulate interviewee but by her own admission not expert on the road. Tom Pidcock was ...errr.... like .... err .... yer know ..errr ....like ....err ..17. Cav keeps ringing up because he's bored .

CUBE CRD

I laugh when the viewer questions or conversation with Ned involve doping,sometimes Millar goes very quiet.....but i do enjoy his input regards tactics etc

the_mikey

Legendary Member
They're both good, if I'm watching live I go to Eurosport, but the ITV4 highlights show does a better job of capturing the important bits and providing interviews/soundbites and data.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
I don't have a choice as only have ITV4 out of the two, but I've no complaints. I think the coverage is good and the commentary generally decent, and I like David Millar being there. Boardman says something something ".... bike race" every few seconds which does get a bit annoying and I do like Kelly, but overall it's decent.

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
I watched ITV4 for La Course. Didn't like the commentary team at all. Rochelle Gilmore, so intense and spiky. As far from relaxed and humourous as it is possible to be. The other presenter, didn't catch her name, trying too hard to 'big up' the riders.
Watching Eurosport for the Tour stage, an excellent chat between Jonathan Edwards, Matt Stephens, and the ever delightful Joanna Rowsell Shand. Always friendly on the ear, articulate and insightful. I guess she'd been doing the Eurosport commentary for La Course ?

Top Bottom