The Tour o’ the Borders sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Think I'll just ride the route a few times on my own next year and spend the £55 on something else; perhaps a large sign that says NOBBERS to drape at the side of a climb. Closed roads on normally quiet roads. Nonsense.

edindave

Über Member
Think I'll just ride the route a few times on my own next year and spend the £55 on something else; perhaps a large sign that says NOBBERS to drape at the side of a climb. Closed roads on normally quiet roads. Nonsense.

It's about the same price as a flight to Majorca. Hmmm... let me think.

I recognise a lot of the roads from the pics and promo shots, but doubt I'll enter. As Noodley said, the roads are fairly empty as it is and I can always ride them on a good day of my choice. But I hope those who do enter the event have a great time and enjoy cycling in the Borders. Great cycling country.

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Done it last but will not enter it because £50 is to much money, it's not worth it, I'll do the route again but myself when the sunshine come back

doonhaemer

The Bethany sportive from Bonnyrigg in June covers a lot of this route, plus another 30 miles.

2014 date is June 7th and entries are being taken on entrycentral.com.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Sadly I entered it, I know a bunch of guys who are doing it so I thought I would join them.... Will not be doing many sportives next year, I have this one, the Etape Loch Ness and am going to do a couple of audaxs.... I'll also be heading down to the first 2 stage of the tour next year and am heading over to Northern Ireland for the giro

Kind of sums up my thoughts as well Noodley. The only sportive I will probably enter next year is the Ken Laidlaw although I am sort of tempted by the Mallorca 312 as well :wacko:

Fubar

Guru
Kind of sums up my thoughts as well Noodley. The only sportive I will probably enter next year is the Ken Laidlaw although I am sort of tempted by the Mallorca 312 as well :wacko:

Jings that looks tough! Have you done it before? The 167 route looks hard enough...

Top Bottom