The Transcontinental Race 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
:eek: he's good

lol...no one on CC comes close. No one.
To cycle with Rimas when he is on a charge is to push you to the limit of your own endurance.
I led him back from Brighton to London non stop. He was being very polite.

His first Audax was LEL in 2009
He did Paris-Brest-Paris in 60hours.

Oh yes, This is a man who decided he wanted to run the London Marathon, he did a sub 3 and half hour race

Leading the London Nocturne Folding Bike race
1370869837-time-out-london-folding-bike-race-underway_2137682.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
To cycle with Rimas when he is on a charge is to push you to the limit of your own endurance.

Oh yes, This is a man who decided he wanted to run the London Marathon, he did a sub 3 and half hour race

Leading the London Nocturne Folding Bike race
1370869837-time-out-london-folding-bike-race-underway_2137682.jpg
And he got on the podium as well. Only Keith Henderson, serious amateur racer & several times champion in that event (he's only been beaten once, and by a pro!) got ahead of him.

What made me :ohmy: was when he told me he'd been out on club runs and found them too quick for him. Obviously it was too short a distance.....

martint235

Dog on a bike

Yep I've ridden with him a few times. Never once seen him in any noticeable difficulty although a couple of times I've been dying on my pedals.

It looks like he's going well in this and I'm sure it'll continue into Istanbul.

frank9755

Cyclist
He seems to have slowed down a touch now. May have been a bit of sleeping involved. His tracker shows quite a lot of short stops in the last few hours which I hope doesn't mean he's had problems.

He's still in third place on their tracker, heading across Eastern France, about 100km from the Swiss border.

Rimas has taken a more westerly route than the other riders who look as though they may be following the Rhine. The leader ( Kristof Allegaert) is already in Switzerland. His moving average speed is 3km higher than Rimas and he has had 3.5 hours more time moving!

frank9755

Cyclist
He's moving again, but only slowly (7-8 mph). I hope all is well. He's not really got going today - lots of stops and starts. He may have overdone it in the first couple of days (400km, then 250km) and be suffering from it. Or perhaps he's now started properly but is climbing. Will check back later to see if it becomes clearer!

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
If you look at the speed plots for Rimas, Kristof and Richard you'll see that Rimas is steadily slowing whilst the other two are staying consistent. Although it should be noted that Rimas pushed on whilst the other two have had some solid rest breaks so I suspect that his slowing is just fatigue.

frank9755

Cyclist
If you look at the speed plots for Rimas, Kristof and Richard you'll see that Rimas is steadily slowing whilst the other two are staying consistent. Although it should be noted that Rimas pushed on whilst the other two have had some solid rest breaks so I suspect that his slowing is just fatigue.

Yes, he looks to be in difficulties. I've only just noticed the charts at the bottom of the page which show it more clearly: his moving speed is right down and he keeps having to stop. Hope all is well and he recovers soon!

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Looking a bit better: he's not been stopping so frequently now. I think he had hit some hills.

I had a look on street view, beautiful route he's riding but nothing too taxing on the segment he was on (Gruey-lés-Surance through and past Bains-les-Bains). Great to see him storming on once more! :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Also good to see Colin Woof has sorted himself out and is heading in the right direction. I was starting to wonder if he had stopped off somewhere for a game of bike polo. He is a good lad really.

Fubar

Guru
And to think I was pleased doing 105 miles at the weekend :laugh:, it's laughable compared to these distances - what an incredible challenge and achievement!

iLB

Hello there
This is amazing, I had to try hard to stop my jaw hitting the floor when Rimas told me about this. Very nice guy, fast on a bike! Also can't believe someone is doing this off the back of finishing LEL.

Top Bottom