The Transcontinental Race 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good one, Ian. Best keep an eye on this thread, as 'spectators', whilst Rimas prepares a match report and a link et seq. Rimas? (Maybe he's gone for a little leg loosener back to Romania with Andy and iLoveRob - wouldn't put it past him...)

OP
OP
zigzag

zigzag

Veteran
still going through the gps active log, checking where and how long i slept, sweet memories.. :smile: e.g. the ramp of this barn(?) in south tirol - lovely 2hr kip there, but woke up shivering at 3am and couldn't make myself go. starting cycling when you are feeling cold is always hard - some nights i used to stand shivering for half an hour (which seemed like five minutes then) until eventually started pedaling with the survival blanket folded in a rectangle and tucked under the jacket - perfect wind shield! that photo in the race report reminds me how tired i was by the end, but after two days i felt (almost) recovered and rode down to see Mikko finished:
Image013.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
still going through the gps active log, checking where and how long i slept, sweet memories.. :smile: e.g. the ramp of this barn(?) in south tirol - lovely 2hr kip there, but woke up shivering at 3am and couldn't make myself go. starting cycling when you are feeling cold is always hard - some nights i used to stand shivering for half an hour (which seemed like five minutes then) until eventually started pedaling with the survival blanket folded in a rectangle and tucked under the jacket - perfect wind shield! that photo in the race report reminds me how tired i was by the end, but after two days i felt (almost) recovered and rode down to see Mikko finished:
Image013.jpg

Efes, the recovery beer of champions!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Blimey, much safer as a keyboard warrior than a cycling one!!:boxing:
"Further south Anton Hunt had crossed the Adriatic to Durres and chosen the mountains of Albania to go walkabout. As his tracker disappeared up where satellite images only showed jeep tracks before drawing circles in the hills, his followers held their breath and his tracks began to slow, before stopping altogether. When he finally made it to the Rumeli Hisari, he recounted tales of walking 40km along goat tracks in the mountains before being rescued by an Albanian family who drew him a rudimentary map. Later on more locals steered him straight when a phone was thrust in his hand and a gruff voice on the end of the line simply said “follow the car” which he did for several kilometers before his new found friends stopped for drinks and refused to go any further. ”There are a lot of murders on this path” was the explanation. 12hrs of adrenaline later Anton was back on tarmac and high-tailing it out of there."

frank9755

Cyclist
Here's Kristof's account.
Note his opening comment:
"WARNING: This story hasn’t got too much of adventure because everything went really well"

And he looks pretty fresh in the photos at the end, too!

OP
OP
zigzag

zigzag

Veteran
finally, a ride report!:smile:

Top Bottom