The Transcontinental Race 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
zigzag

zigzag

Veteran
I think there might have been one somewhere but cant remember where. But i expect he didnt look much different than before the ride, only slightly more tired!

yes.. more tired, sunburnt, dirty kit, twelve day beard and 'tash.. i've only slept ~1hr on the final night and you can tell that from the photos :thumbsup: . the excellent shots (taken by Richard, our ever-present photographer) were shown during the award ceremony, but not yet released as far as i know. this one i could find on the transcontinental facebook account:

1146596_495187897217750_1211478726_n.jpg

8.94, 93, 93 'Arrgghh My brian hurts...' 2 minutes ago...
7.71kms about 20 minutes ago. besides which, he may be parked up as the official end has, well, ended. He did it though, and, apart from the poor chap who ate a chicken sandwich in grease and couldn't poulet off, this has been a good event for all who made it towards the finishing line. Thanks for the 'heads-up', Rimas. Remember not to tell me next year...if you want something to treasure on your return. :smile:

Brianing to an end 'The Transcontinental' 2013. Watch out! TCR 'next one' will start in March 2014 - according to TwitTweet - as perused this evening.

frank9755

Cyclist
Brianing to an end 'The Transcontinental' 2013. Watch out! TCR 'next one' will start in March 2014 - according to TwitTweet - as perused this evening.

March 2014. Interesting. Won't be so hot then, and a good way to kick-start the season.
We have a bit of time to think about it, anyway. :whistle:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
yes.. more tired, sunburnt, dirty kit, twelve day beard and 'tash.. i've only slept ~1hr on the final night and you can tell that from the photos

Inspirational. Awe-inspiring. Unbelieveable.

Thanks to @Aperitif for the updates and the supply of puns, and to @zigzag and all the other riders for their bravery and heroism in putting themselves through the experience.

From the outside, the organisers seem to have pulled off a masterpiece of an event - live tracking, almost no rules, and what looks to have been a stonking party at the end with cheap but meaningful prizes. If I were Juliana or Kristof I'd never want to take those personalised jerseys off. Here's hoping their sponsors stick with them.

Isn't the March 2014 date a round-the-world gig?
"I'm out."
I don't do round the world gigs - I have been 'round the block twice' now, and that's enough for me. Re: srw's 'almost no rules' observation, I sort of like that aspect. It has been a race where no-one minds who wins, but the duration is such that one wants no-one to 'lose.'
If one does something like this, I imagine one loses nothing - except a few kilos/2.2lbs - and gain quite a tough 'edge' to one's riding.
To conclude; I have always wanted to make a post full of 'onesies'. I hope Rimas forgive me, doth.:cheers:

Top Bottom