The Transcontinental Race 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Still showing him with 303kms to go - but that was 7 hours ago...maybe it has been switched off? Anyway here's a word of thanks to the whole team of Transconrace 2013 for organising, and making it work - it has been an entertaining two weeks.
And the competitors?
Well...it's just one of those 'races' that is not necessary to 'win'; you all won.
And Rimas?
As of tomorrow afternoon*...Welcome back! :thumbsup:

*Edited to mean 'later today'...it was a late night doh.:rolleyes:

Tracker is back on, Brian Welsh is back on. His bike. and he is 283kms, as of 10 minutes ago.
Other news:

Alan Longworth@longworthA

@transconrace just heard NL in Greek hospital with food poisoning. Had to pull out
NL is Nicholas Longworth - who did not 'track' from the Alps onwards, but who should be discharged from a hospital in Thessalonika today, Monday. Best wishes to him, and it looks like he made good progress during the two weeks. Literally, he must be gutted.:sad:

frank9755

Cyclist
I'm back. But I won't go on about a fairly ordinary 3-day tour on this thread. Although I did encounter Tourist Tony by chance in Brockenhurst. And had a good time generally. I guess we just need to talk amongst ourselves now, in the manner of Test Match Special commentators during rain periods, until there are more reports from Rimas or others shortly.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I'm back. But I won't go on about a fairly ordinary 3-day tour on this thread. Although I did encounter Tourist Tony by chance in Brockenhurst. And had a good time generally. I guess we just need to talk amongst ourselves now, in the manner of Test Match Special commentators during rain periods, until there are more reports from Rimas or others shortly.

Do we have a picture of the conquering hero yet ?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Rimas called me earlier as he was on his way back from Gatwick, unfortunately I was half way home when he called...:sad:

I asked him if he was tired? His reply... No...:thumbsup:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Brian has 138km to do and as he hasn't moved for an hour or so, either his tracker's off or he's settled in for the night ready to complete the route tomorrow.

I wonder if he visited Nicholas in Thessalonika - there was a lot of back-and-forthery.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Rimas called me earlier as he was on his way back from Gatwick, unfortunately I was half way home when he called...:sad:

I asked him if he was tired? His reply... No...:thumbsup:
He's had a few days R&R in Istanbul. Of course he's not tired.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
He's had a few days R&R in Istanbul. Of course he's not tired.

You don't say? :rolleyes:

Under 100kms to go...great stuff!
BW.JPG

Frank Cleating "Welcome back, Rimas, from your recent series in Istanbul, where you were batting No:6 or 7 and bowling the occasional maiden over with your spin. I guess the pitches must have been a bit dusty out there?"
Rimas Grigenas "It was ok, thank you, Frank. At times, I found it hard to get a grip - like we all do."
FC 'Well yes, quite. Anyone get led astray during your tour?"
RG 'No, not particularly. Although we were all a bit 'rehydrated' one night and Juliana went missing. It's not nice when you lose your Behrings in a strange town.'
FC 'Well, Rimas, many congratulations. And the rain has stopped! I'd just like to tell you about some really tiny horses I was stroking at the weekend, have you ev....'
RG 'Catch you later Frank - I have a set of tyres to fit now. Cheers.'
:hello:

PS Hurry up Brian, I need to retire my avatar! But don't do anything silly, get there safely.
112.jpg

Yes racing snakes came to mind. I was wondering about one of Rimas after his successful Transcontinental or was it just too awful a sight ?

It's always 'too awful a sight' - but that's common among London's finest. :smile: (Wait 'til you get one of TallMart with his ears in full flight...) Rimas will provide. Lots of snaps on the TCR Twitter feed and web pages - maybe one of Rimas there 'immediately 'post Race'?

81kms for Brian now...Petit à petit, l'oiseau fait son nid.

frank9755

Cyclist
Yes racing snakes came to mind. I was wondering about one of Rimas after his successful Transcontinental or was it just too awful a sight ?
I think there might have been one somewhere but cant remember where. But i expect he didnt look much different than before the ride, only slightly more tired!

Top Bottom