The Tyre Extinguishers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I see the self entitled anarchist group have been in town. They have hit Portobello last night . 30 cars/ SUVs had their tyres let down . There maybe trouble ahead one way or another keeping that up .

mustang1

Guru
So they gotta buy new tyres. And those SUVs have pretty big chunky tyres too. Thus more environmental impact.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
The term SUV applies to a wide range of cars these days. I do wonder what models they hit on their wee rampage . @rseholes the lot of them, will have the opposite effect of their aim.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Don't know about your tyres but I can pump mine up again ? Nobody's said the tyres have been punctured have they ?

Not sure the side walls will be too happy though, punctured or not . Still stand by the fact that this will not win hearts and minds .

Brandane

Legendary Member
I am slightly concerned that my car might be seen as an SUV by these ill informed sheep. It's a Suzuki S-Cross, basically a hatchback which sits a little higher. Most economical car I've ever had, it's 1600cc petrol engine returns 50+ mpg, but of course will still be seen as a "gas guzzling SUV" by the misguided, ignorant copycat groups that will spring up, or just kids out for a bit if mischief. When will it escalate from the present method of deflation by interfering with the valve, to the express method of sticking a knife or screwdriver through the sidewall, thereby requiring replacement tyres?

T4tomo

Guru
I am slightly concerned that my car might be seen as an SUV by these ill informed sheep. It's a Suzuki S-Cross, basically a hatchback which sits a little higher. Most economical car I've ever had, it's 1600cc petrol engine returns 50+ mpg, but of course will still be seen as a "gas guzzling SUV" by the misguided, ignorant copycat groups that will spring up, or just kids out for a bit if mischief. When will it escalate from the present method of deflation by interfering with the valve, to the express method of sticking a knife or screwdriver through the sidewall, thereby requiring replacement tyres?

I think you'll be safe - true Chelsea Tractors will be the target

Not sure the side walls will be too happy though, punctured or not . Still stand by the fact that this will not win hearts and minds .

Just to get our facts straight:
- what protests have you carried out that you feel WILL win hearts and minds?
- what protests by others have you shown support for (preferably in some medium that we can verify)?

Brandane

Legendary Member
I think you'll be safe - true Chelsea Tractors will be the target

I wish I shared your faith in the ability of these feckwits to tell the difference.
I reckon it would be quite difficult to find 30 true Chelsea tractors in Portobello, in one night.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I wish I shared your faith in the ability of these feckwits to tell the difference.
I reckon it would be quite difficult to find 30 true Chelsea tractors in Portobello, in one night.

Their website provides a handy guide to how to spot an SUV https://tyreextinguishers.com/how-to-spot-an-suv

Some common (but not universal) characteristics of SUVs are:
High ground clearance (greater distance between the ground and the chassis of the car)
Taller than most other cars
Coarser or larger tires than normal
Some common brands:
Suzuki S-Cross (these are especially evil, make sure you give it a right going over) ;) ;)

I think they are indeed a bunch of feckwits.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I've seen T-shirts for sale at their rallies:

Suzuki S-Cross - couldn't afford a
real Chelsea Tractor, eh? Ha-ha!

If I had a small todger, I would just have to do what most purchasers of penile extensions do: sign up to years of excruciating debt that leave you with no money to fuel the thing, followed by another debt of about 50% of the original purchase price. Not to mention being restricted in mileage per year, and being hooked into main dealer service plans.

No thanks, I'll stick with outright ownership of my 6 year old Suzuki with plenty room for a bike in the back :smile:.

Just had a read of their website and instructions

They get people to deflate the tyre by taking the cap off, putting a bean - like a green lentil - in it and putting the cap back on so it deflate but they can leave while it does

so - if you get targetted remember to check the cap before you put it back on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom