The Tyre Extinguishers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
While I think their tactics are reprehensible in the extreme, they kind of have a point.

At a visit to a nature reserve last week over 85% of the cars in the car park were SUVs. As I know most of the drivers I'd make an informed guess that no more than 2 of them have ever taken them off road.

They weigh more, use more fuel, take up more room in carparks and on the road and are inherently more likely to do serious injury to a cyclist or pedestrian in the event of a collision than an ordinary car.

Brandane

Legendary Member
While I think their tactics are reprehensible in the extreme, they kind of have a point.

At a visit to a nature reserve last week over 85% of the cars in the car park were SUVs. As I know most of the drivers I'd make an informed guess that no more than 2 of them have ever taken them off road.

They weigh more, use more fuel, take up more room in carparks and on the road and are inherently more likely to do serious injury to a cyclist or pedestrian in the event of a collision than an ordinary car.

Yebbut you cannot put a price on the safety of their little cherrubs sat in the back with their built in entertainment system to keep them amused during the 10 minute drive to McD's drive thru.. And during the ensuing half hour queue for a burger 'n' chips.

That seems to be the excuse for buying one ... elfin safety, innit? Perhaps if people learned how to drive safely in the first place? Prevention, rather than softening of the consequences of driving like a nobber.

Yebbut you cannot put a price on the safety of their little cherrubs sat in the back with their built in entertainment system to keep them amused during the 10 minute drive to McD's drive thru.. And during the ensuing half hour queue for a burger 'n' chips.

That seems to be the excuse for buying one ... elfin safety, innit? Perhaps if people learned how to drive safely in the first place? Prevention, rather than softening of the consequences of driving like a nobber.

And the kids on the outside are at much higher risk :sad:

Some day a Range Rover owning nutter with a bad tempter will witness one of these protesters letting their tyres down and said protester will likely get a slap in the mouth or worse.

We've been down this road - well, in southern England anyway. "Working mum" drove hers into a seated protestor - found guilty in court.
But this has been all over the media, so I'm sure you are aware ...

tyred

Legendary Member
We've been down this road - well, in southern England anyway. "Working mum" drove hers into a seated protestor - found guilty in court.

I'm definitely not justifying any form of violence but if you interfere with other peoples property you run the risk of someone taking some form of revenge.

Brandane

Legendary Member

Wasn't that a different group of nobbers though, protesting about insulation of buildings, or something? The ones who glue themselves to roads? What that has to do with building insulation, I'm not quite sure. Or I could be getting confused due to the sheer number of protesters with chips on their shoulders about whatever. All of which shows how ineffective these protests are at making lasting impressions on anyone other than those of a similar mindset to the protest groups.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Still stand by the fact that this will not win hearts and minds .

It's a shame this needs explaining, but the point is not to 'win hearts and minds', but to get SUVs off our urban roads.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
It's a shame this needs explaining, but the point is not to 'win hearts and minds', but to get SUVs off our urban roads.

Sorry don’t share the same view, can be done other ways but as pointed out , if I caught them at mine I’m likely going to be in bother . However they wouldn’t do to again :okay: . Selfish yes my choice yes my car choice suits my needs. Those needs may change in time though but at the moment I need it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom