The upside of global warming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Took Lemmy put for a walk c.1600hrs. A beautiful autumn day, bright and warm, and I was very comfortable in shorts and a T shirt. Remarkable considering November is only a few days away.

When I were a lad on this date it would have been cold and manky, and here we are basking in this sub-mediteranean climate.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Took Lemmy put for a walk c.1600hrs. A beautiful autumn day, bright and warm, and I was very comfortable in shorts and a T shirt. Remarkable considering November is only a few days away.

When I were a lad on this date it would have been cold and manky, and here we are basking in this sub-mediteranean climate.
You won't be so happy when in another 10 years, it's a heatwave in November :tongue:

classic33

Leg End Member
They're bring an iceberg up from Antarctica next year, to the middle east.
You thought it was a joke

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCnZ1F9RAJo

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
That's not an upside, it's a warning that things are going downhill fast. It should be cold and miserable at this time of year for goodness sake. I can't remember the last Bonfire Night when I was wearing the whole gloves, scarf and hat combo.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I am afraid I am a Climate Cynic.

They cannot even get the weather forecast correct for the next day or two, so, why should I believe they can forecast the next 100 years?

Weather <> Climate

Also THEY * almost always do get it right, cue frantic memory searches for wrong forecasts ..

* I reckon 'they' should always be written that way when used in such a manner

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
This thread is about then upsides, not a discussion about the the realities, or otherwise, of man made climate change.

The next upside. As sea levels rise Chez Drago will become a seaside residence!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
This thread is about then upsides, not a discussion about the the realities, or otherwise, of man made climate change.

The next upside. As sea levels rise Chez Drago will become a seaside residence!

Sorry, it was a light hearted comment.

I have no interest in a heated, or, globally warmed, debate.

Top Bottom