The upside of global warming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
With London underwater, they'd have no need of trains, nor would most of Norfolk(under water), meaning there'd be more to go round where they're actually needed.

Coast to Coast ride would be shorter. Doable in a day, easily.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Apologies, but the word 'upside' made me think of ...

classic33

Leg End Member
Which could be in Summer.

I think an 'autumn day' is a day in autumn, whereas an 'autumnal day' is a day which shows characteristics of autumn.

What do we call a day that has characteristics of spring?

What's the difference between "autumn" colours and "autumnal colours."

I may just accept that occasionally there is a need to use "autumnal" but I get the feeling it is just a television/radio fashion to do so. Have a good listen and you'll hear it pop up where the root word could have done just as well. Another fashion that I notice is for presenters to carry branded cue cards that they never use, have mugs of coffee in front of them which they never drink from and my current obsession, presenters walking around with backpacks with (clearly) nothing inside.

classic33

Leg End Member
What do we call a day that has characteristics of spring?

What's the difference between "autumn" colours and "autumnal colours."

I may just accept that occasionally there is a need to use "autumnal" but I get the feeling it is just a television/radio fashion to do so. Have a good listen and you'll hear it pop up where the root word could have done just as well. Another fashion that I notice is for presenters to carry branded cue cards that they never use, have mugs of coffee in front of them which they never drink from and my current obsession, presenters walking around with backpacks with (clearly) nothing inside.
Fashion item now though. You should see the prices of some.

Top Bottom