The Well-Fed 100. Midhurst 112km 17 April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Anyone else doing this one?
It will be my first Audax, and whilst the distance should be fairly comfortably within my reach it would be nice to know of others who are not total strangers (even if only in the cyber world)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It's in pencil on my calendar. SWMBO has opinions about 17/4.

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
:blush:
Don't I know about that sort of problem!

Doing this one and the Lymington (160?) because my OH decreed a subsequent engagement for 2 May which put paid to my plans for the IOW.

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Hope you are feeling up to it. See you there if so.

Getting stupidly excited about it as it's my first Audax
The journey to LEL 2013 starts here.

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
MacB
The organiser (Dave Hudson) says in the stuff he sends out that he doesn't take entries "on the line".
However you may be able to get in touch with him direct between now and then to get a late entry. I'll p.m. you his snail mail address, you might be able to get a phone nbr from 118xxx, or I think Sabine over on YACF may know him.
If he is prepared to take your money - but obviously can't mail you the info pack in time, I can scan & e-mail you the route directions (or even the GPX that I've created - but no guarantees that's accurate)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Ta Pete, got your PM, I'll see what I can do, got to get my pass approved yet anyway. Not quite sure how I feel about the whole Audax and entry thing. I'm happy to stump up a few quid to the organisers but I have no interest in getting certificates etc, it's just a ride around a local hilly area for me.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
MacB said:
Ta Pete, got your PM, I'll see what I can do, got to get my pass approved yet anyway. Not quite sure how I feel about the whole Audax and entry thing. I'm happy to stump up a few quid to the organisers but I have no interest in getting certificates etc, it's just a ride around a local hilly area for me.

Audaxes are great IMO. The card thing is irrelevant. Getting them stamped by a bloke while scoffing the cakes and sarnies is no interference and I bin it at the finish. You'd get your money's worth in grub, AL:biggrin:

MacB

rich p said:
Audaxes are great IMO. The card thing is irrelevant. Getting them stamped by a bloke while scoffing the cakes and sarnies is no interference and I bin it at the finish. You'd get your money's worth in grub, AL:biggrin:

So you coming along then, not far from you to Midhurst?

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
MacB said:

I know what you mean Al. I'm not fussed about the certificates in and of themselves - but I do want to keep on challenging myself with longer and longer distances, and although some of the really big rides (like the LEL) don't have entry qualification yet, others (PBP for example) do.

Also my OH has taken up fell-running in a fairly enthusiastic way.... has entered the Lakeland trail race series, the UTLD 50, the LDWA100 (Scotland this year) all pretty silly when you live in Hampshire! - so unless I prebook some of these Audax events, I know I'll get lumbered with childcare duties for even more entire weekends! Also my Audaxes are cheaper than hers (which are more like the price of Sportives) so I'm scoring a few points there.

MacB

porkypete said:
I know what you mean Al. I'm not fussed about the certificates in and of themselves - but I do want to keep on challenging myself with longer and longer distances, and although some of the really big rides (like the LEL) don't have entry qualification yet, others (PBP for example) do.

Also my OH has taken up fell-running in a fairly enthusiastic way.... has entered the Lakeland trail race series, the UTLD 50, the LDWA100 (Scotland this year) all pretty silly when you live in Hampshire! - so unless I prebook some of these Audax events, I know I'll get lumbered with childcare duties for even more entire weekends! Also my Audaxes are cheaper than hers (which are more like the price of Sportives) so I'm scoring a few points there.

Looks like it's a moot point now, apparently I'm taking/accompanying 7 kids for swimming tomorrow, at least I can semi-drown the 3 that belong to me:biggrin:.

Pete, re economics and booking your ride time, may I suggest getting your calendar in order now. You could even draw up a dual function wall chart, cycling v running, paying particular attention to cost differential:evil:

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
MacB said:
Looks like it's a moot point now, apparently I'm taking/accompanying 7 kids for swimming tomorrow, at least I can semi-drown the 3 that belong to me:biggrin:.
Just thinking of that as alternative will give me all the motivation I need should I get close to a bonk.

MacB said:
Pete, re economics and booking your ride time, may I suggest getting your calendar in order now. You could even draw up a dual function wall chart, cycling v running, paying particular attention to cost differential:evil:
Way way ahead of you there !

You up for Lymington (9 May) 100 / 160 / 200 ?
Or Winchester (20 Jun) 100 or 200?
Those are the next two i have a "hard" booking on.

The Sussex Corker (13 Jun) is a "possible" but 2000m mtrs of ascent in 107 km sort of reduces my motivation to fight too hard for that one!

Top Bottom