The 'Why' thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Why does my doctor/dentist insist on me completing a massive medical history form before an appointment when they have the information multiple times already, and could simply confirm for updates?

Alex321

Veteran
Why does my doctor/dentist insist on me completing a massive medical history form before an appointment when they have the information multiple times already, and could simply confirm for updates?

Because your doctor/dentist is badly organised?

I've never had one do that after the first appointment at that practice. Just a few quick questions to confirm nothing significant has changed.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've never had one do that after the first appointment at that practice. Just a few quick questions to confirm nothing significant has changed.
Same here. The dentist AND hygienist both ask the same simple questions every time:

• Am I still on Warfarin?
  • Have I had a recent blood test to check that all is well**?

** Bit of a cock up on that question once though... I was asked it when I went in for an extraction. I said "Yes, I got good test results 3 weeks ago." I was then told that they considered 'recent' to be THE SAME DAY, or at worst, the day before. Thanks for telling me in advance! I had to reschedule the appointment and book a blood test for the morning of that new date.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
...maybe it's to test your memory or executive functioning....

Top Bottom