The 'Why' thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Why does my phone keep notifying me that I have Wifi calling switched on?

(Only started after latest Samsung system update and much Googling and faffing still doesn't stop the little bugger from appearing.)

Why does a mobile phone make a noise when it's running out of battery which uses up even more battery

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Why was the film Jaws 3 made?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
When I connect to my VPN, and a screen with a "proceed" button appears, WHY does a little box appear saying "press Proceed to continue" that I then have to click to dismiss before I can get to the Proceed button?

It's a proceed button. Of course I press it to continue. I do it every bieddy morning. Stop getting in my way and let me click it.

It guarantees that I start each working day in a state on mild irritation.

Alex321

Veteran

Dave7

Legendary Member
What a horrible thought that one is ( for my taste).

I haven't liked any of the few Subway bread types I've tried, and a find Crème Eggs ludicrously sickly-sweet. I absolutely cannot imagine melted Crème eggs inside a subway being remotely edible, even if they are giving them away free.

There are only 4 branches offering this so I have to make a 40 mile round trip to get mine.
Question is.....how can I keep it warm and crusty on the return journey??

Why are MTB shifters so much cheaper than road shifters of the equivalent model?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Why does Google maps keep telling me routes that are slower than the one I'm already on?
The other day from Heathrow home to Devon it offered me a route 48minutes longer than the 3 hours route I was already driving on...then told me to come off the next junction to take it!

Top Bottom