The 'Why' thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why, at quiet times when there's no-one around, do you still have to walk through a maze of tensabarriers at the airport?

Shhhh

I'll tell you a secret

you don't have to
if there is no-one else in the queue, if you just duck under the barrier - or unclip the barrier - then walk through - obviously clipping it back up after if you unclipped it - then no-one will stop you
I do this - my wife walks all the way round and rolls her eyes

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
Why can't people be as passionate about society and humanity as they are about a bunch of obscenely overpaid people kicking a bell about for a bit?

I kicked a bell once. Really hurt my foot.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I didn't know you went shopping with my wife :laugh:

I am that husband!!

why when we are doing the weekly shop do i get blamed for not picking up stuff that isnt on the list and im asked if we need so and so , wtf is the point of a list if you dont look in the cupboard 1st ?

I do the list - then do the shopping - including probably about half the basket of other things

then I get home and SWMBO asks if I got any xxxxxxx
well - I don't eat xxxxxx - and they come in packets of 10 - so 'someone' clearly took the last one out of the packet and didn;t mention it or write it on the white board list that is used to make the shopping list

so - yes - my fault - clearly

also - 'someone' complains that I never have anything in that she fancies for dinner
so I ask what she wants me to get to 'have in for dinner'
so I buy it - then a month after its use by date I throw it in the bin

sigh

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I buy it - then a month after its use by date I throw it in the bin
It depends what 'it' is... I had a pack of these in the cupboard which needed using up...

4088600111193_0_L.jpg

I ate 4 of them the other evening after discovering that they were over 2.5 months past their 'best before' date! (Having looked at them very carefully to see if there were any signs of mould, and also sniffing them.) They were perfectly ok.

Top Bottom