The woman who stops traffic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charlotte_C+ :-)

Ditto!:tongue:;)

what she achieved was amazing!;)

Tynan

Veteran
'Should We Ban Cars?'

wild crazy stuff, too many people can't even imagine their life without a car, I'd dearly love to talk to the people that commute to work by car in London

I used to pass thousands of cars every single day on the North Circ in rush hour, barring the white vans and trucks, almost always a single person in every car

yenrod

Tynan said:
'Should We Ban Cars?'

wild crazy stuff, too many people can't even imagine their life without a car, I'd dearly love to talk to the people that commute to work by car in London

I used to pass thousands of cars every single day on the North Circ in rush hour, barring the white vans and trucks, almost always a single person in every car

Yeah but would you ban cars tynan ?

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I wouldn't want to ban cars, I like using my own. I would like to see a lot less car use though, particularly the sort of ridiculously unnecessary car use displayed on this and many other programs.

Tynan

Veteran
clogging up th roads, injuring people, polluting the air, consuming wealth?

yeah, why not

davidwalton

Just ban the use of petrol and diesel in non-commercial vehicles.

snorri

Legendary Member
davidwalton said:
Just ban the use of petrol and diesel in non-commercial vehicles.
I don't think that is the answer, there are plenty of commercial operators requiring their drivers to travel for trivial reasons. I know, I was one!
I don't think it is the type of fuel they burn that is the only problem either. Even if they burned tap water, the car would occupy just as much roadspace, cause just as much congestion, and be involved in the same crashes.
I would just hope owners would be required to justify the need for every journey, then this country would be a better place.:thumbsup:

davidwalton

snorri said:
I don't think that is the answer, there are plenty of commercial operators requiring their drivers to travel for trivial reasons. I know, I was one!
I don't think it is the type of fuel they burn that is the only problem either. Even if they burned tap water, the car would occupy just as much roadspace, cause just as much congestion, and be involved in the same crashes.
I would just hope owners would be required to justify the need for every journey, then this country would be a better place.:biggrin:

No, the fuel is not the only problem, but it is the biggest when it comes to Global Warming. As for congestion, I am sure the current motorways could be used for car parking requirements like parts of the M25 and others are now. However, no more roads, just restricted access to those we have; especially in and around towns.

Banning the use of petrol and diesel would be a great start.

If we want our goods to get to the shops, our post delivered, etc, etc, then we will need to ensure commercial vehicles have a reasonably clear roads to get from a to b. Whatever you do, there will always be some abuse, and I don't think reason enough to not go ahead with that sort of usage.

BTW- You can't burn water:biggrin:.

Top Bottom