The worst customer experience I have ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Let me set the scene:
Today was my parents anniversary. They were both going out for a meal and me and my brother planned to have a Domino's Pizza meal on our own. The following is the complaint that I have posted on the Domino's Facebook account and I have also sent a message to the Head office:
________________________________________________________________________________
I have just had some very poor and below standard service from the Domino's Pizza store in Rhyl. The store is newly opened and we have never had a Domino's pizza before so we decided to have a try tonight. We had some BOGOF vouchers through the post so decided to use them. What we originally wanted to order was one Meatilicious and one Pepperoni Passion, both with Hot Dog Crust without mustard and both Medium size (remember all this).
The experience started off a bit misleading. I phoned my local store to place an order. A youngish lad answered the phone and was happy to take my order. I initially was unsure if the BOGOF offer included stuffed crust so asked about that. He confirmed that it was included which pleased me.
I then said the following: "Can I please have one Meatilicious and one Pepperoni Passion? Both medium size. "
Sales Clerk: "Yes no problem."
He then asked for my name and address. However he did not recite the order back to me or give me a price for the order or give me an estimate for the time of arrival.

At this point, I was satisfied that I would get what I ordered.

However, I placed the order at 6:25pm and the food did not arrive until 7.10pm.
When the food did arrive, the delivery person said that I had ordered 2 large pizzas. This was incorrect. I explained to him that I had ordered 2 medium size pizzas.
The pizza delivery guy was very helpful and was straight on the phone back to the store. He explained to the woman on the phone that I had ordered 2 medium size pizzas and that I had had 2 large delivered. Apparently on the system is said that I had ordered 2 large pizzas.
The time was now getting late and I didnt want to have to wait a stupid amount of time for two correct pizzas, so decided to pay the £1.50 extra as at least we would get two bigger pizzas.

However, that was not the end of the problems. When I got into my kitchen and opened the boxes to inspect the pizzas, I found that only one had a Hot Dog stuffed crust.
I immediately called Domino's back and was on the phone with the lady that the delivery guy had been speaking to. She remembered me and immediately mentioned the sizing of the pizzas. I explained that I was happy with the sizing but that one of the pizzas only had stuffed crust and that I had requested both of them to have it. She explained once again that on the order it only said stuffed for one of the pizzas.
The lady then gave me two options; Either I could have a free pizzas next time, or she could send out a new pizza. It was now 7:20pm and I was not willing to miss out on not having a pizza so reluctantly requested the correct one. She said that it would arrive in 25-30 mins.

During this time, I decided to split my pizza with the person who was waiting for his.
As I was consuming my pizza, I realised that the Hot Dog stuffed crust had mustard on it. Something which I had been asked about and specifically said that I did not want. This then spoilt the taste of the pizza for my and my brother who was eating it too. I was not prepared to waste more of my own time ringing up again and explaining the situation so just consumed the product.

35 minutes passed and eventually our pizza arrived. When I opened the door to the driver, he was unsure if it was us who had a "pizza swap". I said yes as the woman on the phone explained that I would have to return the pizza that I didnt want (I can understand this).
So I gave the COLD pizza back to the driver and in return got the pizza that I had originally ordered, this time without mustard in the crust.

Finally, at about 7:50pm, one hour and a half after originally placing the order, is was complete. Even though we had been given the wrong size pizzas and was forced to pay more that we had expected.

The woman on the phone's excuse for the possible mix-up was that drivers sometimes take the calls. This might be but it is no excuse for making an incorrect order. If Domino's are willing to allow drivers to answer calls, then the drivers should be appropriately trained to take the correct order. The woman also explained that the guy should have recited the order back to me and given me a price. None of which he did do.

I am utterly disgusted at the service that I have been provided on my first and ONLY dealing with Domino's Pizza. I will not be placing any more orders with them and I will take my business to the local Pizza Pan store which offers the exact same food which even tastes a bit better but at a much lower price. Even Pizza Hut have lower prices than Domino's. I just thought it would be a nice change to try a new chain of stores but clearly I was wrong. The service I have received is disgusting and I am also sending this complaint to the Head Office because I am that angered.
_________________________________________________________________________________

To conclude, this is a compressed explanation of what happened:
1. I ordered two pizzas both with stuffed crust and both medium size.
2. I was not given any price, had the order recited back to me, or had a delivery time.
3. When the pizzas arrived, they were both large.
4. I reluctantly purchased the two larger pizzas.
5. Upon opening the box, only one had a stuffed rust.
6. When waiting for the new pizza to arrive, we were sharing the other pizza and I realised that there was mustard in the crust, something which I had asked not for.
7. 1 and a half hours after the initial order, we received our pizza.

This is one of the worst experiences of customer service I have ever had. I am going to be calling the head office on Monday to discuss this further but will wait to see if I get any response from my email. The service they have provided is terrible.

I hope other people can relate to this and give me any advice if possible. I was never rude on the phone (not in my nature) however, if there had been one more problem I would have been very annoyed and could have possibly blown a fuse (gladly it didnt come to that).

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Why didn't you just send them the condensed version?

I don't think that they will mourn the loss of your custom.

stowie

Legendary Member
Matthew - it sounds to me less a case of don't care and more a case that they haven't managed to organise themselves correctly, or they may have had more orders than they could service. If Dominos are a franchise then the new owner of this franchise may still need to find their feet in terms of service quality. In all, it is worth commenting, but probably back to the local pizza place as opposed to head office. I would't be surprised if they gave you a freebie or a discount. I assume at no time were they rude or dismissive, just a bit incompetent - and these things happen. I would try to remain positive about the stuff you liked or normally like about the pizza as this comes across as reasonable (for instance say that you have normally been delighted at service / food etc. so this occasion is all the more disappointing)

I also have to say that this is my first encounter with the concept of a hot-dog stuffed crust pizza. I had kind of hoped it wasn't what I imagined it was. But it is. And apparently it is very popular. I can only imagine it was dreamt up by someone with a significant shareholding position in cholesterol reducing drug companies.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
The online ordering is really good, customise all you want and gets the right order in the system, gives you order tracking too. I don't have dominoes very often though, since you can cook a much nicer meal for much less moneys :smile:

Havoc6

It's gone 12 on a Saturday night and you felt the need to tell us about your horrendous pizza experience , I strongly suggest you get out on your bike in the morning (that is if you are awake) and get a fecking life.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Its annoying when things go wrong and you end up being annoyed etc from it
However I think you could have spared us the experience( I think I shot myself in the foot there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom