The worst ever stories you've ever heard about your family

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi, Abit of a touchy subject to share on line but in light of the dark news about ,we could all do with a laugh.
My dad told me a story about his dad dating way back in time sometime in the sixty's (I can only presume)
My granddad enjoyed his drink back in his day (he's long gone now) and ended up getting banned for drink driving.
Undeterred though back in it's day, he continued to drive and got way with it through out the ban.
Whilst he was still banned, the family went on a caravanning holiday to Blackpool when it was still in it's heyday.
I vaguely remember him, but do remember when he was behind the wheel ,he was in charge of everything. He has the driver and the route and nobody questioned or challenged him.
Anyway whilst driving from Fleetwood to Blackpool where the road parallels along the Tramline he got lost looking for the campsite.
The story goes he managed somehow to end up driving along the Tramlines in-between the fenced off section after taking a turn off on to them ending up being confronted with an oncoming tram.
The police came along to sort the situation out and he ended up having to uncouple the caravan on the tram line and turn it round and then get the car round the tow it off.He did all this Infront of the police whilst his license was revoked..
Because of the lack of automatic checks back in it day and chaos it caused they drove off to the campsite "Scott free"
You must have some interesting stories to share like this fellow friends 👍

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I was at a dance back in the day being well cool in front of the now Mrs Slick when a woman seemed to recognise me and started banging on about something or other. She was blowing my cover so I kinda ignored her as best I could. Can't remember how I got the conversation going the next time I saw my old man, but it turns out he used to drive the men in and out to a job in quite a big bus and the occasional Sunday shift was spent in the local hotel and as he crested a hill, this woman had left her door open and the old man didn't see it yet as the bus tore through it and ripped it from its hinges. Not funny by a long way but next time I met the woman and her husband we did have a good laugh about it. Nearly 15 years or so had passed and whilst she has forgiven my dad, she certainly hadn't forgotten him. :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Now't much, other than my dad was a right 'rascal' but a strict bugger with us two younger two of the four kids. Other than my dispair at my parents and in-laws general views about sexuality - racisms's lapsed, but sexuality. FFS - total dinosaurs. I had a right rant at my bro/sisters about my dad's views on NYE, they were like 'oh he's old' - they are lots younger than me. I've not spoken to him much since then. I work/live in a diverse community. As I'm sure my younger siblings do, but FFS.... really got me cross. what do you do with someone in their late 70's....

Stephenite

Membå
My dad earned a pittance working in factories his whole life. He hurt his back at work and had to stay in hospital for a couple of weeks. No sick pay as he had only recently started at the place. With no money coming in my mam went to the social. She was given a giro for much more than my dad would have earned. He went back to work at the factory as soon as he could get up. Back to living on nowt. Tory voter.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
We have a murderess in the family. And her mother was convicted of theft and gave birth to her illegitimate son while in prison...

When researching family history you only find out about the people who did something bad or something very good.😄

oldwheels

Legendary Member
One of my early ancestors was hanged for allegedly murdering Lord Darnley who was associated with Mary Queen of Scots.
Actually he had been in the pub where the event took place and saw a friend going past and was running to catch up with him. Honest guv.:ohmy:

Dave7

Legendary Member
My Bro has been doing our family tree. Our great great granddad was in and out of prison a lot. The crimes were small by todays standards but in them there days.........

Top Bottom