the worst gig you ever went to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaye

Veteran
Year - 2000 Venue - The Astoria - a great venue sadly no longer standing. Band - Coldplay :blush: - say no more.

Norm

trustysteed said:
Pink Floyd - Wembley Stadium '89. 2 hours of tuneless noise and 2 hours of my life i'll never get back.
I saw them there, was it in June '89? It was about a month before I got married.

I'd spent too long in the Punch & Judy in Covent Garden before we headed up to Wembley, I missed the start of the show as I was asleep on the pitch.:blush:

1. Boney M - played a Valentine's at a Naval Mess. Turned up two and a half hours late, karaoked to the disco as they had no time to set up, performed two songs and then demanded the full fee!

2. In the 70's we did first aid cover for a gig at the Manchester Arms in St Ives with th Sweet, Mud, Suzi Qattro.

18 people bought tickets and all the bands cancelled.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Simple Minds for me as well! Somewhere in London in 1991. A friend appeared on my birthday and told me she was taking me for a magical mystery tour.

Imagine my joy at finding the final destination was 90 mins of lacklustre noise...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Newcastle was the host of the worst gigs that I've attended.
Chuck Berry - 25 minute set no encore - half of it performed by his daughter.
Black Sabbath - I tried to leave - the bouncers threw me back in.

Happiness Stan

Jesus and Mary Chain mid 80s. Came on two hours late and then played 30 minutes of feedback through a cloud of dry ice whilst the crowd fought amongst themselves.

Actually it was probably the best gig I've been to.

Worst was Bruce Springsteen at Crystal palace and LCC. Bruce turned himself inside out but the audience were worse than dead. Why were they there? The only time they started to move was after 3 hours when he played 'Dancing in the Dark' as the last track of the evening. I think that was the only track the majority of the audience knew.

I was even told off for jumping up and down.

Last time I saw Bruce and last time I ever stood in a field for four hours.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Oasis at Knebworth.
A freebie, thank god!:blush:
Oasis were sh*ter than sh*tey sh*te and it took 4 hours to get out of the car park to get home.
Not a happy bunny.;)

Norm said:
I saw them there, was it in June '89? It was about a month before I got married.

I'd spent too long in the Punch & Judy in Covent Garden before we headed up to Wembley, I missed the start of the show as I was asleep on the pitch.;)

yes indeedy, that was it! shame they woke you really.

Happiness Stan

And you won't believe me when I say Oasis in 1995. They just stood there thinking they were God's gift to rock and roll. Never has 90 minutes gone so slowly. I was bored shiteless.

Norm

trustysteed said:
yes indeedy, that was it! shame they woke you really.
:blush: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I quite enjoyed it but I was probably not in full control of my senses. :laugh: At least they were better than Simple Minds.:biggrin: ;)

Top Bottom