the worst gig you ever went to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
trustysteed said:
They'd have been better at Knobworth!

In my teens I saw Deep Purple at Knebworth, an enduring image of the day was the 'e' in Knebworth changed to an 'o' with a marker pen on all the signs at the station.;)

*Heavey Metal top of the class,
Shove the media up your ar*e*:blush:*

Simple Minds do make an attempt at songs though, unlike pure screeching noise from Floyd.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
It's a toss-up between Eminem at Milton Keynes bowl or Bon Jovi playing the 1st gig at the O2 dome, both dire, over-priced, over-hyped rubbish.
Jon Bon Jovi had a camera following him out of the dressing roon, played live to his adoring fans, made me gag.

rh100

Simple Minds were mediocre at the NEC a while back.

dylan was truly awful - very monotone.

darkstar

The Prodigy, i crowd surfed a couple of tunes in, had my wallet and phone stolen, soon realised and spent the rest of the gig pissed off....

Noodley

darkstar said:
The Prodigy, i crowd surfed a couple of tunes in, had my wallet and phone stolen, soon realised and spent the rest of the gig pissed off....

..at least it wasn't Simple Minds :thumbsup:

Debian

darkstar said:

Serves you right for doing something as unutterably daft as crowdsurfing! :thumbsup:

Worst gig - without a doubt ELP, Birmingham Odeon, I forget the year (72 / 73 maybe?).

90 minutes of the most pretentious and tuneless shite I've ever heard.

Taj Mahal and Tinariwen at the Barbican Centre.

The music was great, although Taj is getting past it, but the audience....fully seated, too repressed to enjoy themselves, embarassed at any audience participation, apart from a few GROLIES* "dancing" and ululating at the bottom of the steps in front of the stage.

Plus I was in love with the wife of the guy that invited me, and just wanted to do some dirty dancing with her and then roger her senseless somewhere cosy.

*Guardian-Reading Older Lady In Ethnic Skirt.

just jim

Did we not have a thread like this before? I think I mentioned "The Happy Mondays" last time. I'll mention them again.

Greedo

Noodley said:
Simple Minds, Ibrox, 1986(?) - the pished mentalist combining 'dancing' (either that or having a seizure - I'm not sure which but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she was trying to dance) with popping pills and drinking alcohol, and falling down repeatedly without taking a head-first flyer over the edge onto the people below held my attention for longer and is my only lasting memory...

I was at that gig. My uncle was a councillor in Glasgow and for some reason got tickets for me and my cousin. We were only 15 and went on the day it was In Tua Nua, The Waterboys, Lloyd Cole and the Commotions and then Simple minds

Wished I went the next night instead as my sister went as it was the Cult instead of Lloyd Cole.

Greedo

Brian Adams at Celtic Park. Dreadful. Pissed of rain, sound was terrible and to be fair I'm not a fan of his anyway.

Only went as my mates cousin is John Quigley who was Bryan Adams personal chef for a few years and we got all access backstage passes. That bit was good :rolleyes:

Top Bottom