The Yerka bike lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Will it werka?
Yerka Bike.jpg

"Bikes are easy targets for thieves; you can bring in heavy industrial cutters (like Casey Neistat demonstrated in the New York Times) and cut the heaviest lock in full public view and nobody will stop you. Even if you follow the fifty pound rule , if somebody wants it, they are going to get it."

Couple of minutes with a chainsaw to have that away undamaged. Take the chainsaw to the tree, though it may attract a bit of attention when it falls. Sure I've seen a clip of someone doing it to steal a bike.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Couple of minutes with a chainsaw to have that away undamaged. Take the chainsaw to the tree, though it may attract a bit of attention when it falls. Sure I've seen a clip of someone doing it to steal a bike.
You could do the same with an angle grinder on a steel fixture.

You could do the same with an angle grinder on a steel fixture.
Yup. With a traditional lock, it's the lock that will be targeted and bike can then be ridden off, unless you're moronic enough to attach it to something less substantial than the lock, or loop it over a bollard.
With that yerka if either it or whatever it's attached to is attacked it's still unrideable. Neat carrying solution too. I like the concept but would like to see it in the flesh. Theres some concerns voiced over attacks making it unrideable for the owner too, but then thats a risk you take leaving a bike exposed anywhere anyway.

Top Bottom