Theft not covered by insurance?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frayBentos59

Specialized OCD
A friend of a friend was telling me at the weekend he was punched off his bike at traffic lights in London and the scum bag had away with his bike (£500 worth). He contacted the police to obtain incident numbers etc then reported back to his bicycle insurer. They claimed this type of theft was not covered (and is not by most individual insurance policies) and the only theft that was covered was if it were locked up and stolen from his house/ garage etc???? Surely this cant be true????? :scratch::sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well it depends on what insurance he has paid for.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Unless he has paid specifically for "away from home" I'm afraid this may well be correct. I have just renewed our house insurance and had to pay an additional £40.00 to get my bike covered......otherwise it would just be part of contents-and even then only up to a certain value (£300 I think).

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Where's the dislike button? Or the fraud hotline.

srw

Nothing wrong with a few porkies Steve :smile:
Other than the fact you're committing a criminal offence and, if found out, likely to lose out in several different ways.

Admitting it on a public forum isn't the wisest of moves.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Other than the fact you're committing a criminal offence and, if found out, likely to lose out in several different ways.
Like being charged an absolute fortune for any future insurance, including car and home - if you can actually find anyone to insure you.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
srw you have this all wrong. It is only a criminal offence if you get caught. FrayBentos...with statements like that they will be taking your scouse ration card off you.

Steve

srw

Steve, your naivete is touching. Criminal offences are criminal offences whether you're found out or not - and posting an incitement to fraud on a public forum with what appears to be a real photo as your avatar is quite spectacularly stupid - especially since you don't know who might be reading. Insurance companies are really quite good at spotting fraud because they've had quite a lot of experience doing so. One company I know of reckons its anti-fraud measures save about 2% off every premium.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
srw...Yes it is me in my avtar and yes I do agree you should what you can to get your money out of insurance companies who try to slide out of contracts with small print.

I am not committing any criminal offence by expressing my view and if you want to pass this on to any insurance organisation you can think of, please be my guest. If they want to call on me, I live in Denmark.

You sound like a real do gooder.

Top Bottom