There is no better Christmas present

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
IMG_0575.JPG
Are Christmas Day ride the best presents new bike

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
My Dad taught me to ride a bike as a kid and it's one of my fondest memories, closely followed by all the bike rides we've been on. They'll remember these moments for the rest of their lives. The kid on the left is wearing some banging sunnies and you can tell they're both really happy. Ride on chaps, ride on.

GOAB

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
[QUOTE 4614359, member: 259"]The smell of a new bike on Christmas morning was one of the best things about being a kid.[/QUOTE]

i dont remember any of my bikes smelling

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
It was the smell of brand new tyres!.

One of my favourite memories is teaching my son to ride a bike on the Knavesmire, he had a few offs but dug in and got there in the end!.

Got my daughter to teach next, but she's not interested in no stabilisers just yet so I'll wait 'till she's ready..

I seem to recall having stabilisers for all of about ten minutes before my Dad took them off, told me to man up and started pushing me down the road. Ten years later my mum got a free bicycle when she bought a car (a Kia from memory). Only problem was she couldn't ride a bike and this was a weird Dutch style step through emblazoned with the Kia logo.

I remember going out onto the street and my Dad teaching my mum (in her 40s) how to ride a bike. Unfortunately it didn't work but he put a he'll of a lot of effort into it. Maybe he should have fitted stabilisers.

GOAB

I remember as a kid getting a racing style bike for Christmas. I really cant remember whether I went along to help choose it, or whether my parents got it as a surprise. All I remember about it was that it was racing green, with the gear change levers down on the frame, which caused a terrifying amount of wobbling to begin with!
But what I vividly remember was getting (from my Aunt and Uncle that same Christmas) a bottle cage and plastic bidon, which I thought was the greatest present anyone could ever give me....... now I was a proper bike racer!

Slick

Guru
I saw the exact same rig yesterday, maybe the wee ones were a bit younger. It looked like they were having a blast though. Great picture, enjoy.

Top Bottom