There is Poo on my Helmet.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
Over or very nearly almost a month ago I locked my bike up under a tree in a Churchyard in Putney. I was actually too busy to go back and get it also too tired despite it being only a short detour on the way home from where I've been working these past three weeks.
During this time I have decided I want to buy another bike, a hybrid road touring bso, decided I can't afford it despite looking un several places etc.
I then decided to convert my old MTB into what I wanted, albeit a little heavy, by a cunning tyre and handlebar grip swap with a little advice from my friends here.
So having ordered Shwalbe slicks and Raleigh Ergonomic grips off EBay (Liphook Cycles) and had delivery of them two days ago I went to collect my bike this morning old MTB that it is.
Surprisingly it was still there as was my helmet, water bottle and rack. But..... They were all covered in a layer of encrusted bird shoot and sap so thick you could barely see the bike for it. Now I've had the helmet 14 years bout as long as the bike and thats so dirty I'm just going to have to replace it. I'm actually frightened to clean it and put it on my head. Also the brakes now screech like a Mutha on a hot tin roof. So tonight instead of doing my paperwork I have to ride home on a shoot encrusted bike with a new helmet and the old one so I can swap the light, clean the damn thing, convert it, service it, align the gears and by the new bloody helmet plus shower and do an estimate all before bedtime and all I wanted was a new bike. Oh well....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nowt worse. Had to ride my bike back to the office with the bars and hoods covered in pigeon poo - didn't have anything to wipe it off with. Gross.

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
I rec
Nowt worse. Had to ride my bike back to the office with the bars and hoods covered in pigeon poo - didn't have anything to wipe it off with. Gross.

I reckon every class of bird must have taken a shoot on that bike. It almost looks like Target practice for the retinally challenged.
Still I bought a new helmet from Halfords.£35. A blue Giro one.

carolonabike

I'm very impressed it was still there after all that time.
Last month my sister and I did the Coast and Castles route up to Edinburgh. On our way to Berwick we ended up cyclig through a field, described on the map as a mixed use track (on road bikes :ohmy: ) and inevitably we both fell off and landed in cow pats, I just got it on my shoe but she managed to get it on her jersey in several places. We turned up at our very swish B&B, soaking wet and covered in poo. The owner couldn't have been nicer although he did whip the Chinese rug in the hall almost from under our feet as we walked in :laugh: . He also fed us home made cake and let us dry our things on his aga (but I don't think he knew about the poo)

Octet

Veteran
Last month my sister and I did the Coast and Castles route up to Edinburgh. On our way to Berwick we ended up cyclig through a field, described on the map as a mixed use track (on road bikes :ohmy: ) and inevitably we both fell off and landed in cow pats, I just got it on my shoe but she managed to get it on her jersey in several places. We turned up at our very swish B&B, soaking wet and covered in poo. The owner couldn't have been nicer although he did whip the Chinese rug in the hall almost from under our feet as we walked in :laugh: . He also fed us home made cake and let us dry our things on his aga (but I don't think he knew about the poo)

The smell must of been horrible as it started cooking...

byegad

Legendary Member

Yes I've been on that section, it's North of Beal and it cost Sustrans my monthly donation and my services as a Ranger. All that is wrong with Sustrans encapsulated in a few hundred yards.

Top Bottom