There, I've gone and done it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lochen

Checking the status of a used Raleigh Mustang on e bay, then Googling for specification, Wiggle had them, brand new, 390 quid delivered.

Should be here within the week ^_^

Ordered a 62 cm (the other size at that price was too small). I have arms like an Orang Utang, so fingers crossed it fits.

My Audax training starts the day after I get it fitted professionally.......

Is there anyone near me (Harwich, Essex) who can do bike fitting does anyone know?

vickster

Legendary Member
Local bike shops?

Enjoy the new bike

simon.r

Person
Checking the status of a used Raleigh Mustang on e bay, then Googling for specification, Wiggle had them, brand new, 390 quid delivered.

Should be here within the week ^_^

Ordered a 62 cm (the other size at that price was too small). I have arms like an Orang Utang, so fingers crossed it fits.

My Audax training starts the day after I get it fitted professionally.......

Is there anyone near me (Harwich, Essex) who can do bike fitting does anyone know?

And so starts the steady decline into n+1...^_^

OP
OP
L

Lochen

Selecting a bike size by the length of your arms rarely ends well...
I also have very long legs :rolleyes:

It should be alright.....if not, they'll collect it and refund within a month in any event.

U mmmmmmm what's n+1

OP
OP
L

Lochen

When I was in the bike shop the other day, I was sat on a large frame bike and the chap said of the frame size, ' next size up with a slightly lower seat and shorter, turned the other way Up, stem'.

I've based my purchase decision on that. it'll be free to send back if it can't be made to fit.

It has to be better than what I'm on now, which is a 57 and feels to small......

simon.r

Person
When I was in the bike shop the other day, I was sat on a large frame bike and the chap said of the frame size, ' next size up with a slightly lower seat and shorter, turned the other way Up, stem'.

I've based my purchase decision on that. it'll be free to send back if it can't be made to fit.

It has to be better than what I'm on now, which is a 57 and feels to small......

It may well be worth your while having a proper bike fit. I'm tall, but with long legs for my height and an issue with one knee. I struggled to get comfortable until I had a professional fit. It costs a few quid, but for me it's been worth it several times over. I feel more comfortable on a bike now than I ever did before I had my 'fit'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom