there's no-one here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Legendary Member
riding?

Blonde

I have a new One-One Il Pompino frame built up into a rather special bike, (fixed) with Miche Chain set, Goldtech hubs and open pro wheels, but it's not my only bike and doesn't (yet) figure heavily in my mileage quota, so I cant really talk about it much - yet! I got it for commuting, so I guess I'd post in there about riding it, rather than in here?

Pottsy

Blonde - everything you mention is identical to my Pompino! Great bike, I currently use it more than any of my others including the much more expensive road bike.

Christopher

Über Member
Blonde: Sweet ride! Hope you have somewhere secure to lock it though.

My fixed is a 1983 Dawes Windsor in a two-tone brown 'n' beige paint job. Rides okay, looks a bit DIY, probably something to do with running 38x15 on a 110mm spider.

just got back from a ride on my fixed , went for my august century which i log on the darth vader/cycling plus site.
went round silverdale via scorton and was suprised how much cooler and cloudier it was up there.
no idea what make of frame i have though!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I'm here, with a new frame!

plenty of pics, link in sig

Do people still do the thursday hampstead/highgate ride, i might be able to start coming out for it.......?

OP
OP
P

peejay78

hi zim.

i just ordered a vigorelli, soon to arrive. i am going to put my harry rowland cxp22s on it, cinelli criterium bars, dura ace 48 chainring, and so far that's it.

any ideas on other components? what have you got?

My SS conversion is a Shed of Dread, on wheels. Stands over any pimped up retro-niche-NJS approved frippery and has a really big wee. :biggrin:
One day I will take a picture of it. The sheer masculine beauty of a black Sora chainset with a 46t track ring mounted behind the spider will fry your eyeballs and render your dentist-mobiles as dust.
Oh yes.
;):sad::biggrin:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
FIR rim at the back, mavic cxp33 or something on the front, sugino chainset (cheap:angry:), airwing bars.

nice, i love riding it, feels much better than the ancient 531 frame i was using unti it snapped....

Chuffy, what on earth does NJS stand for????????

zimzum42 said:
Chuffy, what on earth does NJS stand for????????
It's parts wot are approved for Japanese Keirin racing. Much loved by hipster fixsters who want impress their fellow cognoscenti down at the coffee shop.
Please feel free to kick my arse for knowing. I've spent too long dribbling over on the Hub Jub site....;)

smiorgan

Fixed parts formerly living on old Raleigh frame now transferred to Pompino, which is having a rest at the moment as I get my Giant back on the road.

Oh, and NJS stands for "Nice Job, Sayonara!" For people who like to ride beautiful fixies around NYC without brakes, apparently.

skwerl

fair points all but NJS does generally give you an assurance of decent quality. Their quite picky about what gets the holy stamp. I have no NJS kit, except my Izumi chain and I only bought that cos it's made from pure gold

Top Bottom